Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v5 | Wed, Aug 7 | vs Bal | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Kremer vs Gausman

Status
Not open for further replies.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Would you have stomached 3-4 100+ losing seasons? I dunno if I could have.
10000%. I’d give up 3-4 seasons to build a powerhouse. I’d like to them to do it now. Trade Vladdy and Bo get 5-6 MLB ready studs and start over.

Eyedea

The Legend Continues
Jan 29, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
10000%. I’d give up 3-4 seasons to build a powerhouse. I’d like to them to do it now. Trade Vladdy and Bo get 5-6 MLB ready studs and start over.

And then those MLB ready studs expedite the rebuild and you’re back to square one.

A scorched earth rebuild of the O’s magnitude usually follows a period of mediocrity where you have no viable rostered players to sell off for future assets.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
And then those MLB ready studs expedite the rebuild and you’re back to square one.

A scorched earth rebuild of the O’s magnitude usually follows a period of mediocrity where you have no viable rostered players to sell off for future assets.
And its also not a guarantee it works out. Tigers went scorched earth 9 years ago and still haven't found that blue chip hitter to build around. Also haven't made the playoffs since 2014.

Can Ryan Mountcastle f*** off?

We get it, you rake against the Jays.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
And its also not a guarantee it works out. Tigers went scorched earth 9 years ago and still haven't found that blue chip hitter to build around. Also haven't made the playoffs since 2014.

It’s the same as the NHL. Fans get tunnel vision on one team where a tank works out but ignore the Tigers/White Sox/Red Wings/Sabres examples where it just leads to a totally lost decade.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Does anyone know Mountcastles career stats against the blue jays? It’s got to be comical. The guy turns into a Hall of Famer against us.

Reactions: Habs10Habs

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Espino is so bad.

The bats will probably actually be better in the 2nd half but the pitching we’re going to be watching is going to be absolutely miserable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad