Blue Jays GDT: 2024 v4 |Mon, Jun 17 | vs BOS | 7pm ET/4pm PT | Pivetta vs Kikuchi

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
I certainly didn't see that coming. It's good to see they're not completely giving up though.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Every other team does it just a different form of celebration.

It's so weird how this market is so triggered by it. Every team does this. Every other fanbase thinks it's fun.

And the weirdest thing is that the dinner jacket is probably the classiest/coolest of these anywhere in MLB. Like, the Tigers are having a guy run around with some cloth pizzas on the end of a stick.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Canha has been all over everything this series and this game in particular and I probably would have put him on the open base.

But then Garcia has basically been unhittable all year, so fair enough to have confidence in your guy.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
This year reminds me alot of 2019 where they lost 95 games, this year could be worse than that. Something has to give.
At least that year they were a rebuilding team. This team needs to be in a playoff spot and going deep in the playoffs.

One of the more disappointing seasons from the Jays that I have seen. Not really a surprise when the team struggled last year scoring runs and they doubled down on the offense while making it worse.

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
Atkins should have been fired after the playoff debacle and now everything is a mess because that decision wasn't made when it should have been.

There is no way that a GM with his playoff track record deserves to get a 3rd manager hire and 4th manager overall.

And I don't really blame Schneider for this. The air just totally came out of this organization and confidence was lost at every level from the fans to the media to the players after the way last season ended, and you can feel that the vibe and belief around the team sucks after the obvious step backward we then took in the offseason.

canucksfan

Mar 16, 2002
British Columbia
Visit site
Atkins should have been fired after the playoff debacle and now everything is a mess because that decision wasn't made when it should have been.

There is no way that a GM with his playoff track record deserves to get a 3rd manager hire and 4th manager overall.

And I don't really blame Schneider for this. The air just totally came out of this organization and confidence was lost at every level from the fans to the media to the players after the way last season ended, and you can feel that the vibe and belief around the team sucks after the obvious step backward we then took in the offseason.
When they brought Atkins back, I thought there would be more changes made than actually happened. Basically, the same coaches when the hitting coaches should have been changed. A very similar team with worse bats.

Schneider hasn't been good this year. Weird lineup orders and some questionable choices in the bullpen. However, he doesn't have much to work with. Batting Jansen for a long period of time at the bottom of the lineup was puzzling.

Reactions: thinkblue
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad