GDT: 2024 Training/Rookie Camp/Preseason Discussion

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
Tkachuk has really sucked in the preseason. Balinskis also hasn't been very good, he needs to step it up when the real games start.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
From what I could see in between the stream freezing.
Samoskevich looks ready. We need a replacement for Gadjovich. The PP looks excellent. They are still not playing at regular season speed obviously, But they need to work on the defensive game.

TotalHomer

Jan 3, 2022
From what I could see in between the stream freezing.
Samoskevich looks ready. We need a replacement for Gadjovich. The PP looks excellent. They are still not playing at regular season speed obviously, But they need to work on the defensive game.

Yeah Mackie is noticeable so far. There are going to be bumps with him but in a third line role and low expectations it should be fine.

Gadjo just doesn't have any offense in him and his hands are stone, to me he is just an enforcer for specific match-ups. I don't think he'll be seeing much ice barring injuries. Greer-Nosek-Boqvist is the fourth line.

Reactions: Howboutthempanthers

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I don't know, then. I thought Mackie looked NHL ready last season. I think he looks NHL ready now. Let the kid play.

What the hell do I know?

I just don't think that the rookies have a lot of room for error when Zito and Mo wants this team to contend for another Cup. Perform like a star player right from the get-go and you might have a chance...

barkovcanfinnish

Stanley Cup Champs 2024
Sep 22, 2014
Chicago, IL
I think Mackie is ready skill-wise. I’d like to see him find his groove with knowing where he needs to be, especially in the defensive zone. It was his first action in a bit and it’s preseason so I’m not gonna harp on it too much, just something I’d like to see him improve on.

Reactions: Chaos2k7

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad