2024 Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

I don't know what he's talking about. DeBoer made his decision long ago. He played Lundkvist an average of 4:28 during playoff. Tells you everything you need to know. Alex Petrovic, who only played one (!) regular season game in the NHL, averaged 12:02.
Does Shapiro really think it was DeBoer's idea to bring back Lundqvist when he already demonstrated that he's willing to play pretty much everybody over Lundqvist? This isn't DeBoer's call...the question is at which point the Front Office is gonna give up on Lundqvist and stop protecting him.

eartotheground

capslock broken
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2006
Helsinki South
I don't know what he's talking about. DeBoer made his decision long ago. He played Lundkvist an average of 4:28 during playoff. Tells you everything you need to know. Alex Petrovic, who only played one (!) regular season game in the NHL, averaged 12:02.
Does Shapiro really think it was DeBoer's idea to bring back Lundqvist when he already demonstrated that he's willing to play pretty much everybody over Lundqvist? This isn't DeBoer's call...the question is at which point the Front Office is gonna give up on Lundqvist and stop protecting him.
the fact that nils re-signed tells a different story. it reeks of someone who understands that they got a fair opportunity and hadn't done what was asked, but thinks they'll be able to next go around and then get the opportunity.

if you really think PDB told GMJN that he wouldn't play nils, and then they still went out and signed him again, idk what to tell you. there's no chance that happened.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
the fact that nils re-signed tells a different story. it reeks of someone who understands that they got a fair opportunity and hadn't done what was asked, but thinks they'll be able to next go around and then get the opportunity.

if you really think PDB told GMJN that he wouldn't play nils, and then they still went out and signed him again, idk what to tell you. there's no chance that happened.
So you think DeBoer still has the slightest bit of confidence in a guy he pretty much perma benched while giving a random AHLer almost 3x his TOI?

Or did DeBoer just change his mind over the summer?

You're free to believe whatever you want but I'd be shocked if, of all people, DeBoer suddenly wanted the guy back he pretty much refused to play previously.

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
So you think DeBoer still has the slightest bit of confidence in a guy he pretty much perma benched while giving a random AHLer almost 3x his TOI?

Or did DeBoer just change his mind over the summer?

You're free to believe whatever you want but I'd be shocked if, of all people, DeBoer suddenly wanted the guy back he pretty much refused to play previously.
DeBoer has given Lundkvist a full time job to start the prior two seasons. Once Nill re-signed him, it was guaranteed Lundkvist would get a third opportunity to be a full time player. It's up to him to show he can handle it.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
DeBoer has given Lundkvist a full time job to start the prior two seasons. Once Nill re-signed him, it was guaranteed Lundkvist would get a third opportunity to be a full time player. It's up to him to show he can handle it.
Right. It's Nill guaranteeing Lundqvist this opportunity. It's Nill who signed the player. I have a very hard time believing that De Boer asked Nill to sign the same player he basically refused to play when games matter the most.

This is very much Nill's idea, not DeBoer's. DeBoer made his decision long ago. Which is why I don't really understand Shapiro's comment. I think it would take a lot for DeBoer to be able to trust Lundqvist again. Lundqvist is most likely waived the minute Nill has seen enough. It's Nill and not DeBoer making that call. If it's DeBoer calling the shots then Lundqvist is gone already and most certainly doesn't get signed either.

If DeBoer doesn't play Lundqvist it's not because he's a big fan of Petrovic, Bichsel or whoever. It's because he lost trust in Lundqvist. I might be wrong but I think this is gonna be an uphill climb for Lundqvist. With the damage already done it may be too little too late.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad