Value of: Arber Xhekaj

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I guess it backfired given that most people are fairly close in their evaluation of his value.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Every "value of" thread is the same.

The player's current fans always value them more than people that don't see him as often, and get outraged by some of the proposals.

I especially like it when the OP specifies that "we aren't interested in trading him because he's way too valuable". The OP didn't in this case so I'll tip my cap for that.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Please send over the 3rd as he continues to bully the Sens while the fans check under their bed to see if he’s there before going to sleep. What a steal, didn’t know Dorion was still the GM by giving out picks like candy.

With a GA/60 over 6 I do wonder who is getting bullied. Thats an ugly number.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012

Attachments

• Screenshot_20241002_184157_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20241002_184157_Chrome.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 1

dgibb10

Feb 29, 2024
Oh come on
It was probably anderson at 50% plus jake allen
There was a large range of garbage centered around josh anderson for 2nd overall with a large range of other minor assets involved (none that I remember involved retention).

I don't think you remember the peak delusion of MTL fans for josh anderson back then, and continuing on until he finally had been so bad, for so long (a half decade), that even they couldn't convince themselves anymore.

frightenedinmatenum2

Sep 30, 2023
Orange County Prison
Has he ever been tried on the 4th line as a winger?

It seems like becoming an F/D would be a good career move for him. Enforcers are still valuable, but so few of them can play at an NHL level. It would be a lot easier to manage his play if he were a winger than a D. He isn't good enough as a defenseman to play in the NHL, but his physicality and fighting makes him valuable.

Look at Ryan Reaves contract history. No other 10 points forward is getting term and 1-way money above six figures, but Reaves gets it because up until last year or so he was an enforcer who could skate on the NHL.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
Has he ever been tried on the 4th line as a winger?

It seems like becoming an F/D would be a good career move for him. Enforcers are still valuable, but so few of them can play at an NHL level. It would be a lot easier to manage his play if he were a winger than a D. He isn't good enough as a defenseman to play in the NHL, but his physicality and fighting makes him valuable.

Look at Ryan Reaves contract history. No other 10 points forward is getting term and 1-way money above six figures, but Reaves gets it because up until last year or so he was an enforcer who could skate on the NHL.

It’s a catch 22, if he gets better at D to the point that he can be a #4/5 in an Emelin mold you can’t afford him getting kicked out of games and running a short bench, if he doesn’t get good enough to miss when he gets kicked then you don’t want him on D in the first place.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Yes because he never connected. If he did, Timmy would be injured and Xhekaj suspended. I'm a Habs fan who's ok with Xhekaj taking a run at your best player, but he still deserve a suspension. NHL keeps punishing the result and let the players police themselves. It is what it is.

Ok.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
It’s a catch 22, if he gets better at D to the point that he can be a #4/5 in an Emelin mold you can’t afford him getting kicked out of games and running a short bench, if he doesn’t get good enough to miss when he gets kicked then you don’t want him on D in the first place.

If he's good enough to play as a #4 then he's a supporting enforcer as opposed to the main one.

Nothing wrong with a little redundancy.

The Sens acquired Brian McGrattan so that Chris Neil could play more shifts, but he was still available when required.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Good luck with any offers. Hughes knows what X brings and he isn't going anywhere.

To actually get Hughes to consider a trade, it will make your eyes tear.

Ad

Ad

Ad