ColumbusTrill

Mar 15, 2021
He might be on his tip toes but still, Lindstrom is a giant

1728169428015.png

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
I've learned that it's a standard thing for the Habs fanbase to look at team photos (and golf outings) and see who's tall and big and who's tiptoeing.

We have our own now. Lindstrom is clearly on his toes. But still big. And cool that he was a part of this (given the talk earlier that he's not actually signed to a contract yet).

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Saw that Mateychuk got sent down to AHL, but how did the Jiricek vs Mateychuk duel look like in general during the camp? Did Jiricek earn the role on ice or was it more of a pro experience/player relations decision?

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
So, Porty reported that the waiver wire could be revealing w/r/t any next moves by Waddell, in the sense that some of his targets might end up on it otherwise so he'd just have to put in a claim:
There could be more moves coming over the next two days, but by 2 p.m. on Sunday, Waddell will know if the waiver wire is going to bear fruit. That’s the last day for clubs around the league to put players on waivers and get them cleared (or claimed) before Monday’s deadline.

Waddell has been talking to his fellow GMs throughout training camp in his search for an NHL forward, but that’s gone into hyperdrive the last few days. He’s not in the best position to make a trade, obviously, but there’s some poker play involved here, too.

The trade talks have presented some intriguing names, Waddell said, but he’s not sure he wants to part with any significant future commodities (think draft picks) to secure a player, especially if that player could become available on the waiver wire later Sunday.

Well, now we have the complete list:

Waivers today:

VAN: Brannstrom
NYR: Robertson
NYI: Skarek, Hogberg, Hutton, Bolduc, Karlstrom, Foudy, Fasching, Engvall
OTT: Jenik, Gaudette
VGK: Rondbjerg, Laczynski, Aston-Reese
TOR: Rifai, Murray
STL: Tucker, Schueneman
BUF: Reimer, Rousek, Clague
PIT: Imama, AHo
BOS: Patera, Bussi, Sweezey, Viel, Brown
CGY: Schwindt, Cooley, Pelletier
DET: Holl, Lagesson, Rafferty, Snively, Dries
WSH: Shepard
EDM: Lavoie, Caggiula, J Brown, Rodrigue
WPG: Anderson-Dolan
NSH: Del Gaizo
NJD: White, Foote, DeSimone, Bowers
CHI: Phillips
CAR: Suzuki, Smith, Josiah Slavin
UTA: Villalta
LAK: Studnicka, Copley, Fagemo
TBL: Ylonen, Santini, Goncalves

Any names stand out to anyone? The ones that first caught my eye (but are still kind of meh, as befits the waiver wire) were Ryan Suzuki (CAR), Jakob Pelletier (CGY), and Jaret Anderson-Dolan (WPG). But there's so many I'm probably overlooking some folks.

EDIT: For example, we could bring back Liam Foudy if we really wanted to.

EDIT 2: I think I looked right past Edmonton somehow. Lavoie and Caggiula might be interesting for completely different reasons. :dunno:

EDIT 3: Zack Aston-Reese. Because defensive forwards pls kthx.

Last edited:

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
So, Porty reported that the waiver wire could be revealing w/r/t any next moves by Waddell, in the sense that some of his targets might end up on it otherwise so he'd just have to put in a claim:

Well, now we have the complete list:

Any names stand out to anyone? The ones that first caught my eye (but are still kind of meh, as befits the waiver wire) were Ryan Suzuki (CAR), Jakob Pelletier (CGY), and Jaret Anderson-Dolan (WPG). But there's so many I'm probably overlooking some folks.

EDIT: For example, we could bring back Liam Foudy if we really wanted to.

EDIT 2: I think I looked right past Edmonton somehow. Lavoie and Caggiula might be interesting for completely different reasons. :dunno:

Högberg has been a pretty damn good goaltender in the SHL for a few years, one of the best in the league, but that doesn't really mean anything.

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
I came this close to thinking "hmm, maybe Engvall" before remembering his contract.

That said, I'm hypersensitive about contract term of late and his isn't crippling, just excessive ($3m/year, six years left). So who knows.

EDIT: f*** it. Given my feelings on Waddell (read: he keeps making moves that aren't inherently egregiously objectionable but I still find them distasteful), I'm predicting he's someone Waddell had in mind when talking to Porty.

Last edited:

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Sponsor
Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Samuel Fagemo of LAK had 43 goals in the AHL in 50 games last year for Ontario Reign. 4 games in the NHL, no points. I have no idea what kind of a player he is but 40+ goals is pretty good (I think this was mentioned in some local podcast, that he'd be someone to look for a breakout if it's ever going to happen). Would be my pick for a waiver wire pickup. But of course we're pretty full anyway.

Also interesting the Penguins are waiving Sebastian Aho (the other one). It really started to seem like he had solidified his career in the NHL. But he is a bit older already (28) so maybe not that interesting in the end, he's "only" played five seasons.

Jesse Ylönen was somebody I hoped could carve a spot in Montreal after a couple of years there - didn't realize he had been moved to Tampa. He's 25 and had some hockey IQ in my limited viewing of highlights last year. But probably not anybody who'd make a difference with the Jackets.

Edit: And Brandon Bussi was close to being Boston's backup goaltender. He seemingly had a good preseason, didn't get lit up too bad. But we don't really have room for goalies anyway.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad