2024 Training Camp Thread

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I don’t think he is their second best defensemen. He is not a good defender and he is an an inconsistent offensive player. He brings no toughness and has nothing to add for power plays or penalty kills.

If you can move Provorov to the right side:

Werenski - Provorov
Harris - Jiricek
Mateychuk//Christiensen - Gudbranson
JMFJ

Werenski and Jiricek in the power plays.

Werenski-Provorov
Harris-Gudbranson

on the penalty kills.
Nobody wants to get Severson. He is right.

CBJx614

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 25, 2012
C-137
Dropping Severson would put us in a dire need to make a move to become cap complaint, not that it's remotely a realistic option

Harris and Christiansen both have to be on the roster for us to be cap complaint which imo means one of Mateychuk or Jiricek needs to be in the AHL.

I think it's obvious if Waddell is true to his word about the best players playing the Jiricek will be in the AHL and that JJ will be the healthy scratch.

thebus88

19/20 Columbus Blue Jackets: "It Is What It Is"
Sep 27, 2017
Michigan
The guy to waive if we want to keep Jiricek up and not lose anyone is Severson. I doubt it will happen.
I don’t think he is their second best defensemen. He is not a good defender and he is an an inconsistent offensive player. He brings no toughness and has nothing to add for power plays or penalty kills.

If you can move Provorov to the right side:

Werenski - Provorov
Harris - Jiricek
kills.

This is ridiculous. Severson might not be the 2nd best defenseman, but, he’s no worse than 3rd, or maybe 4th depending on how you value and look at Gudbranson and Christiansen. You want to “dump” Severson and roll with that “top 4”? 3 of those guys are worse than Severson. Jiricek in another year or 2 will be a better option. Harris?

Who definitely ISN’T the teams 2nd best defenseman, is Provorov.

IMO Severson is better than Provorov at EVERY aspect you just named off. He’s better defensively/on the PK and (arguably) better offensively and on the PP. And he plays with more of an edge or with more toughness than Provorov also. The only thing Provorov is better at is skating.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad