NFL: 2024 Training Camp and Preseason

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Good to see the Cowboys are due for a tumultuous season full of distractions en route to the core being blown up in the off-season.
Nah - they'll still likely make the Playoffs. It's what happens after that will dictate how successful the season was.

All in..Jurrah is a kook
Every time I see a microphone in front of him these days I just know something stupid will be coming out of his mouth. The problem is that the media knows that he's always good for a soundbite or two so they pounce of him like a shark to a bleeding fish.....not that good old Jerrah doesn't like to hear the sound of his own voice. :ha:

TheAngryHank

Expert
May 28, 2008
Nah - they'll still likely make the Playoffs. It's what happens after that will dictate how successful the season was.

Every time I see a microphone in front of him these days I just know something stupid will be coming out of his mouth. The problem is that the media knows that he's always good for a soundbite or two so they pounce of him like a shark to a bleeding fish.....not that good old Jerrah doesn't like to hear the sound of his own voice. :ha:
Media : you have done nothing this off season.

Jurrah: Because we are all in , just waiting for that last leaf to fall. Picture an option play , we'll that's me.. rolling out to the sideline waiting for the last second..remind you of anyone..Mahomes..

f***ing lol.. I love him.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Out of the 14 PO teams from the prior year, typically we get 5 or 6 new teams the following year.
So, Phi, Dal, Det, GB, TB, SF, LAR, you have to figure 2 or 3 of these clubs do not make it back.

I can see ATL with a Healthy Cousins overtake TB. LAR without Donald, it makes the rest of the DL work harder to get pressure. Can 3 teams from the North make it with Chicago and Minny overall is about a 0.500 team, so no pushover. Dallas needs to beat up on Wash and NYG to secure 4 wins there and then another 6 to get to 10-7 at least as that should ensure a spot as it was 9-8 to make the PO cutoff in the NFC the past 2 seasons.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC

Jurrah: Because we are all in , just waiting for that last leaf to fall. Picture an option play , we'll that's me.. rolling out to the sideline waiting for the last second..remind you of anyone..Mahomes..

f***ing lol.. I love him.

Jerry has too many YES men following his ass, for the past now 29 years the Cowboys have been good but not good enough.

Come playoff time, it’s the same old.

John Price

Gang Gang
Sep 19, 2008
meeting up with JD today good guy

PXL_20240730_151154445.jpg

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Jerry has too many YES men following his ass, for the past now 29 years the Cowboys have been good but not good enough.

Come playoff time, it’s the same old.
They don't get in front of contracts, thus, like Lamb, now have to pay $3-4 mill higher on the AAV. So instead of getting him locked in at $26-28 million AAV, likely pushing in around $30 million.

Dallas pushed so much of Dak's contract to 2024 and 2025 in terms of the cap. $65 mill or so to eat from his SB and restructures as he was due $34 mill salary for 2024. $59 mill cap for 2024 and still $40 mill for 2025 even if he's not on the roster.

They needed to make made their mark last season. But, got beat in round 1 of the PO at home.

Reactions: David Suzuki

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
They don't get in front of contracts, thus, like Lamb, now have to pay $3-4 mill higher on the AAV. So instead of getting him locked in at $26-28 million AAV, likely pushing in around $30 million.

Dallas pushed so much of Dak's contract to 2024 and 2025 in terms of the cap. $65 mill or so to eat from his SB and restructures as he was due $34 mill salary for 2024. $59 mill cap for 2024 and still $40 mill for 2025 even if he's not on the roster.

They needed to make made their mark last season. But, got beat in round 1 of the PO at home.
And this also kinda flows from the Cowboys having the craziest boom/bust draft pattern of the past ten years or so.

They keep finding these top end talents who can command to be paid at the top of their position group, but the Cowboys also suck at drafting inexpensive depth guys. This contributes to them being star studded at many positions with zero depth, and it also makes their cap situation an extreme one where they're trying to manage paying top of market to a WR, CB, DE, G, QB. It's the blessing and curse of hitting big on guys drafted in the middle of the first round while so often flubbing later picks who give them nothing.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
A little to old for autographs
But not too old to sell that autographed ball. I used to know a guy in Montreal that would pay kids $10 for each autograph they could get of visiting NHL superstars. Even back then a lot of players would only sign for kids and certainly not for a grown man with a bunch of photos/cards to sign. He would give each kid a bunch of different 8x10 pictures and/or cards and then drive them to the hotel where the team was staying. He was selling those autographed pictures/cards for $50 to $100 ( depending on the player ) so paying out $10 to the kids was nothing.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017

I mean, Allen does have the John Elway DNA in him.
Paxton lynch was drafted late in round 1 in 2016. So on their roster for 2 seasons. Either you believe in him or you don’t so Denver much have had some faith in him to pass on taking a QB and opt for DE Chubb.

I’m sure Washington says the same about passing on Herbert to take young because they took Haskins the prior year at the insistence of Synder.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012
Yeah, I don't understand that or having to declare it.. why?
You have to declare it because with the new kickoff rules and how players are lined up, surprise onside kicks don't make sense. They're not physically possible.

Now, why you can't do them at any other point in the game, I don't know

(Also... I don't think this is new news so I don't know why I keep seeing it everywhere now)

Reactions: WeThreeKings

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC

If I didn't see that clip for myself I would be inclined to say that you were just making sh*t up. But nope - it was just another in the long line of examples of Jerrah rambling on and on and on about absolutely nothing. I used to think that once Stephen took over the reins of the team that things would slowly get back to normal but for the last few years even Jerrah's kid is starting to sound like an imbecile. :banghead:

Ad

Ad

Ad