SP Erick Fedde
RP Michael Kopech
SS Paul Dejong (17 HR's now on year)
CF Luis Robert

Names out there from White Sox

The two biggest potential trade chips

Fedde (7-3 with 2.98 ERA and 104 K's)
Crochet (6-6 with 3.02 ERA and 150 K's)

Fedde signed next year at $7.5M while Crochet is under team control for next 2 years. Unless a team make big offer the Sox probably hold onto Crochet to trade in offseason

Fedde seems safest bet to be moved

Cards have been linked to him

Unholy Diver

Oct 13, 2002
in the midnight sea
SP Garrett Crochet
SP Erick Fedde
RP Michael Kopech
CF Luis Robert

Fedde signed next year at $7.5M while Crochet is under team control for next 2 years. Unless a team make big offer the Sox probably hold onto Crochet to trade in offseason

I would think about a third of the league could use a guy like Fedde, especially on that cheap deal, the Sox could probably get a nice return if they play their cards right with him

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Looking forward to watching the Angels not sell to the extent that they should and then watching Arte make Perry go in front of the media and talk about how the team is going to once again push for the playoffs next season

Reactions: SnS

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Won’t they be buying? Or at least attempting to stay the course since they’re in the hunt of the WC?

they arent gonna pony up to try to go for it all. they're content fighting for the WC. Figure they'll sell and buy small. Probably add a depth starter like Taillon

SnS

Global Moderator
Jan 27, 2009
Wilson, North Carolina
SP Garrett Crochet
SP Erick Fedde
RP Michael Kopech
CF Luis Robert

Someone posted in the Phillies thread over on the Flyers section that we might be looking at Crochet.

Wonder if that means theres concerns with Suarez. Or maybe some depth if we lose one of the big four.

LightningStorm

Lightning/Mets/Vikings
Dec 19, 2008
Pacific NW, USA
What makes this trade deadline probably the most intriguing of any I've experienced is in the NL, 13 of 15 teams are still have at least a shot at the playoffs (though the Nats appear to be fading, even after their sweep of the Reds). In addition to setting up for an interesting 2nd half, I also wonder how they will approach this unique trade situation. Outside of the Rockies and Marlins, do you guys see any other NL team selling at the deadline?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Minus being something like a Pirates or Reds fan, you guys have no idea what kind of special hell it is cheering for the Rays. I can't wait to watch us dump Parades for someone's 4th ranked pitching prospect

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Minus being something like a Pirates or Reds fan, you guys have no idea what kind of special hell it is cheering for the Rays. I can't wait to watch us dump Parades for someone's 4th ranked pitching prospect

I can already see it happening. The Rays are gonna trade like Littell and Fairbanks to the Cardinals for Dylan Carlson+ and Carlson will finally breakout and whatever the + is will exceed expectations.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad