2024 Tour de France

Dec 29, 2004
Philipsen being Philipsen.

Jasper Philipsen (Alpecin-Deceuninck) was fined and docked 13 points toward the green jersey classification on stage 6 for deviating from his line in the sprint into Dijon, while Astana received four separate fines for helping Mark Cavendish get back after a mechanical late in the stage.

The Belgian shifted his line in the final 150 metres of the 163.5km sprint stage. blocking out Wout van Aert in the process. As he raced along the barriers towards the finish line. Behind him, Van Aert appeared to be going for a gap alongside Philipsen but was forced to slow down and back out of his sprint as a result.
Heh...

The only two words Philipsen said in public came in anger soon after he crossed the finish line.

“F*ck!’ he said after slapping a Tour de France race official car beyond the finish line. After taking several swigs from a recovery drink and leaning over his big for a few seconds, he then said “F*ck!” again and banged his handlebars.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Dec 29, 2004
I know what you’re saying and agree but there’s former dopers throughout these Tour teams. The UCI seems fine with these guys working in pro bike racing as long as you’re not Armstrong or Brunyeel. It’s pretty ridiculous.
Yeah, they probably should have handed out a couple life-time bans when they first started catching guys and that might have solved the problem. It is what it is.

Chris5225

Dec 29, 2019
Philipsen being Philipsen.

Heh...

He should have been punished last year. They let him get away with it multiple times and so he thinks he can do whatever he wants.

Reactions: #37

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
He should have been punished last year. They let him get away with it multiple times and so he thinks he can do whatever he wants.
It's crazy he didn't get relegated last year. But he won the stage then and they didn't have the guts to do it. This year because he came in second it was easier for them to do it.

Until I saw the Netflix special this season I had forgotten about the contact that put Jakobssen on the deck.

I know there's a lot of contact in sprinting but Jasper is garbage. He's done it way too many times.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2004
LOL Julian Bernard. Right on! High-fiving the crowd during the time trial. The crowd blocks the road, swarming him with adulation, and he stops to kiss a fan. LOL

EDIT: Hearing now that it might have been members of his family, as he is from the area, that blocked the road and it was his wife he was kissing.

Last edited:

Dec 29, 2004
These clowns at Eurosport are inventing a narrative.... JV is on the 1 bike, probably got caught in the change when Pogacar went on that little attack (which they couldn't understand) earlier.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
These clowns at Eurosport are inventing a narrative.... JV is on the 1 bike, probably got caught in the change when Pogacar went on that little attack (which they couldn't understand) earlier.

Jonas had to switch bikes with a team-mate. They literally showed the other guy with the #1 bike standing by the side of the road waiting for the team car. He even pointed to the number on the bike for the camera.

Dec 29, 2004
Jonas had to switch bikes with a team-mate. They literally showed the other guy with the #1 bike standing by the side of the road waiting for the team car. He even pointed to the number on the bike for the camera.
Yes, but when he, Remco, and Pogacar were attacking each other, he was clearly on the 1 bike. So, he got it back at some point, probably earlier when Pogacar decided to attack alone before going back. At least that what it looked like to me.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Vlasov hit the deck hard. The TdF, where there is no concussion protocol. Not that I know how you'd do that on the road without essentially eliminating the rider from the tour since they'd lose so much time.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Yes, but when he, Remco, and Pogacar were attacking each other, he was clearly on the 1 bike. So, he got it back at some point, probably earlier when Pogachar decided to attack alone before going back.

Haven’t seen a clear shot of it but according to CyclingNews as of about 20 min ago he was still on the team-mates bike.

“July 7, 2024 at 10:33 AM
Jonas Vingegaard (TVL) is still on teammate, Jan Tratnik's bike. They basically have the same set up but it'll be a bit uncomfortable for him.”

Edit: Bob Roll just said he’s stil on the team-mate’s bike. I don’t think the team cars have been close enough to get him a bike.

Dec 29, 2004
Haven’t seen a clear shot of it but according to CyclingNews as of about 20 min ago he was still on the team-mates bike.

“July 7, 2024 at 10:33 AM
Jonas Vingegaard (TVL) is still on teammate, Jan Tratnik's bike. They basically have the same set up but it'll be a bit uncomfortable for him.”

Edit: Bob Roll just said he’s stil on the team-mate’s bike. I don’t think the team cars have been close enough to get him a bike.
Tratnik is #7 which I may have mistaken for a 1, but I looked closely. *shrugs*. I am sure we will get another look at it before all is said and done.

Reactions: Jack Straw

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Jorgenson confirms that Jonas finished on Tratnik's bike. In fact, he said they wanted to keep Tratnik behind Jonas just in case, since they have the same saddle hight. Makes sense going over all that gravel.

Chris5225

Dec 29, 2019
I'm not a fan of the gravel. It doesn't really affect the the GC standings, other than introducing an extra element of randomness in terms of mechanicals and crashes.

Edit: and it's just uncomfortable to watch. I can taste the dust.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad