D Gabriel Eliasson - HV71 J20, J20 Nationell (2024, 39th, OTT)

austin63867

Nov 13, 2018
Besides being tall, I don't see much to his game. Feels like this year's Konstadinski so he might get taken based on size alone late, maybe a bit higher if he gets better in a few months. He's one of the younger guys so there's promise for improvement.

Reactions: hockeyprospects9

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Wow, I’ve never seen Wheeler be as harsh as he was to this guy. How accurate is it?

I’ve seen some players cost their teams with discipline over the years but I’m not sure I’ve ever watched a more undisciplined, immature player than Eliasson. His lack of control in his decisions with/without the puck during the actual play but also more pressingly with his body and his decisions after whistles has been a talking point all year. He has shown no ability to read the room (and the game clock) and rein it in, even on the international stage where it really counts. I could not believe how many times he cost the Swedes with a bone-headed penalty of frustration and rage during their international schedule this season and you came to expect it at the J20 level. It’s one thing to want to be tough and mean when you’re a 6-foot-6 defenseman. It’s another thing altogether when your team gives you one chance after another to cool it and you never get the message, resulting in benchings because you can’t be trusted to be on your best behaviour. With his size and fine-to-decent mobility, Eliasson could be a real force. He’s a lock to get picked and could even surprise some people with how high he goes because of his size, presence and decent mobility. Brady Cleveland was a second-round pick last year and Eliasson’s a better prospect than him on makeup. But I don’t trust him between the ears and I’d probably steer clear, frankly.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
ya i dont think the sens drafted him to chill out a bit boss

There's a point where aggressiveness becomes a liability. Which seems to be where things are right now.

However, a little restraint should come naturally as he grows up. I don't dislike the pick.

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
There's a point where aggressiveness becomes a liability. Which seems to be where things are right now.

However, a little restraint should come naturally as he grows up. I don't dislike the pick.
You mean you don’t want to have to incessantly defend his illegal hits on the main boards?

• Haha
Reactions: Realgud

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012
You mean you don’t want to have to incessantly defend his illegal hits on the main boards?

More concerned about the team defending penalties because of them.

So if he can figure out how to mess people up and stay on the right side of the line, then it's all gravy.

As far as the peanut gallery goes, if they get upset, he's probably doing something right.

As things stand he still has a quite a way to go before that's even a concern.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad