Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Pretty weird thing to say given that during that same period they won 3 la ligas, 2 Copa del Rey’s and the year before he came they won a CL.

I rated him but he was awful for Barca and sometimes the player just can’t make it for the top.
Since he had a decent career in a better league I'll just lol.
With that reasoning Messi couldn't cut it in L1 and Mbappe can't in la Liga.
Barca has been a mess for a while even when Messi was winning things.

Nah, he's shit. If you can play well in the fifth best league in Europe it doesn't mean you can play for Barcelona.

Anyway back OT

Filip Kostic out on loan from Juve to Fener

M'Baye Niang ends up in Morocco at Wydad from Empoli. Big fall for the ex Milan player.
Since he could play in the 1st league I bet he could in the 3rd.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Since he had a decent career in a better league I'll just lol.
With that reasoning Messi couldn't cut it in L1 and Mbappe can't in la Liga.
Barca has been a mess for a while even when Messi was winning things.
Not sure why such a snarky post but ok. This doesn’t even make sense. Making it in the epl for Everton isn’t the same as making it in a worse league for Barca who were winning domestically and competing in Europe.

Many would take that “mess” competing on all fronts.

Forgot to mention that Gomes also played in Valencia where he was very good. So he clearly can play in la liga which isn’t what was implied. He just wasn’t good enough for Barca.

Last edited:

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
He was so good at Everton they let him go on a free after loaning him out first
105. EPL. Games.

Not sure why such a snarky post but ok. This doesn’t even make sense. Making it in the epl for Everton isn’t the same as making it in a worse league for Barca who were winning domestically and competing in Europe.

Many would take that “mess” competing on all fronts.
I think you need to look again who made the snarky posts.

Glad you like your mess. Because that era was the start of your problems.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
105. EPL. Games.

I think you need to look again who made the snarky posts.

Glad you like your mess. Because that era was the start of your problems.
See edit.

on the field Barca were fine it was the contracts and transfers that was the issue.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
LOL, Gomes being Barca’s fault. Guy was never Barca level, not even close. NEVER wanted us to sign him. And let’s not revise history. He wasn’t that good with Everton either.

Reactions: luiginb

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
LOL, Gomes being Barca’s fault. Guy was never Barca level, not even close. NEVER wanted us to sign him. And let’s not revise history. He wasn’t that good with Everton either.
Starting the equivalent of 5 seasons is being good enough. As such he was good enough to be on Barca's bench. Sometimes players don't fit for multiple reasons. Doesn't mean they're bad.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Starting the equivalent of 5 seasons is being good enough. As such he was good enough to be on Barca's bench. Sometimes players don't fit for multiple reasons. Doesn't mean they're bad.
Even last year at Lille his percentage of successful passes put him in the top 18 percentage of all midfielders in the top 5 leagues lol, there's your answer. He was a typical Bartomeu purchase, overpaid and bad fit.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
Nah, he's shit. If you can play well in the fifth best league in Europe it doesn't mean you can play for Barcelona.

Anyway back OT

Filip Kostic out on loan from Juve to Fener

M'Baye Niang ends up in Morocco at Wydad from Empoli. Big fall for the ex Milan player.

Sixth league, Liga Portugal it's more competitive and hard-fought.

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
I was going by UEFA coefficient. And I'd still much rather watch ligue 1 than Portimonense and Arouca.

But the coefficient is given by the teams' results in Europe, and I don't know if I prefer to see Auxerre-Angers. But this still applies to all championships, at least in Portugal we have 3 important teams.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean surely Salernitana and its 2 wins was a treat to watch last year.

Always the same trolling.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Vincent Aboubakar from Besiktas to Hatayaspor on a free

Anton Miranchuk finally leaves Russia, but for a strange destination, Sion in Switzerland.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Supposedly a number of teams were calling about Romero this summer. Most notably Real Madrid. Spurs would never sell this summer, but it's very possible next summer when he only has two years of his contract left.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I don’t know what you mean by “starting the equivalent of 5 seasons”. Regardless of that, good enough for whom?

I don’t disagree that not fitting doesn’t make a player bad. I say that as much as anyone on this forum. That said, it doesn’t mean Andre Gomes is a good player. I’d say “decent” is a better descriptor.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad