Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Supposedly, there is an obligation or option to buy for RB, but Atletico has an option to buy back as well. Lol, AM looking dumb in this.

I always consider it hilarious to steal a player away from Barca, who have no money to buy anyone.
Year 5 and SEPH still doesn’t get it… they spent more than Arsenal this window.(stupidly of course)

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Year 5 and SEPH still doesn’t get it… they spent more than Arsenal this window.(stupidly of course)
There has been ample evidence from The Athletic that post-Covid Barca cannot spend as much as pre-Covid Barca did. That doesn't mean you lot are poor, not even close, because Barca just bought Olmo. However, I don't think they can outspend other clubs anymore, and they had to get rid of the club's MVP due to financial constraints. Some of that, I will admit, is from awful purchases like Ralphinha, Ferran, Olmo, Garcia, de Jong, and the ability not to get rid of anyone.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
There has been ample evidence from The Athletic that post-Covid Barca cannot spend as much as pre-Covid Barca did. That doesn't mean you lot are poor, not even close, because Barca just bought Olmo. However, I don't think they can outspend other clubs anymore, and they had to get rid of the club's MVP due to financial constraints. Some of that, I will admit, is from awful purchases like Ralphinha, Ferran, Olmo, Garcia, de Jong, and the ability not to get rid of anyone.
You just posted they have no money to buy anyone lol. It’s about wages and it’s about getting under la liga’s cap. Not actual dollars spent in the market. Most of their issue stems from the insane contracts given by the previous president.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
You just posted they have no money to buy anyone lol. It’s about wages and it’s about getting under la liga’s cap. Not actual dollars spent in the market. Most of their issue stems from the insane contracts given by the previous president.
Oh, I know it was always something FFP-related; my comment of "no money" was not a physical resemblance and more of following strict guidelines. But, again, my last post is still relevant, as they keep buying/bought wrong targets, affecting their transfer business. Losing Chiesa to LFC is something that would have never happened five years ago.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Oh, I know it was always something FFP-related; my comment of "no money" was not a physical resemblance and more of following strict guidelines. But, again, my last post is still relevant, as they keep buying/bought wrong targets, affecting their transfer business. Losing Chiesa to LFC is something that would have never happened five years ago.
They’re in a much better position than they were 5 years ago but ok

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017
Underrated signing, Brighton keep killing it. It's going to bring a lot of egg on the faces of Danish NT coaches who didn't select him. I fully expect him to walk into your starting 11.
What’s the scouting report on him? Hasn’t heard of him until pre season where he was the best player on the field for Celtic against some big clubs. Seemed to be playing as an 8 in a 3 man midfield?
His stats from last year are incredible for a CM

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Raphinha has been one of our best players since signing, Olmo hasn't played a game, and the book is still out on Frenkie

Garcia came on a free

I agree with you on Ferran

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Raphinha has been one of our best players since signing, Olmo hasn't played a game, and the book is still out on Frenkie

Garcia came on a free

The book is out on Frenkie lol??? He’s going into his 5 season. Has shown flashes of great play but overall he’s been no where near worth the money to bring him let alone his insane wages. He’s going to leave for free making him one of the worst financial blunders for Barca.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Garcia came on a free

I am not calling them bad players per se, but wrong targets. Was Raphinha even needed? Is Olmo needed when you lot haven't had a player like Busquets since Busquets? Even though Garcia and others came on for free, your wages are supposedly killing the club as D2M wrote.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Re: Chiesa and clubs looking at him, he’s also apparently willing to take a pay cut.

Alex Valle Barca fans? Seems a talented prospect.

Don’t think we have any chance of keeping him beyond the loan.

I’ve only seen him in preseason and then of course some highlights. Word was that he was going to be brought back as Balde’s backup as he had a good season on loan in Segunda with Levante, but we’ve since moved on. In preseason he was if I recall correctly played out of position the entire time. That said he did well at RB and I’ve since learned that he had played at RB from time to time even though he seems very left-footed. Biggest standout was his ability on the ball and the quality of his crosses and his passing. He also got into pretty advanced positions. I personally like Gerard Martin, another La Masia kid, but I do wish we could have seen more of him with the first team. In the keeper league I’m in someone actually drafted him this Spring probably to a degree thinking he was stealing a mark on me, but I actually was after Aznou of Bayern (formerly of La Masia) and got him instead. I was considering Valle prior to that though. Anyway, all of that said, I would think he’d be a good player for Celtic.

Underrated signing, Brighton keep killing it. It's going to bring a lot of egg on the faces of Danish NT coaches who didn't select him. I fully expect him to walk into your starting 11.

His getting a move like this doesn’t surprise me, but what does surprise me is that you don’t see anyone going after Reo.

Supposedly, there is an obligation or option to buy for RB, but Atletico has an option to buy back as well. Lol, AM looking dumb in this.

I always consider it hilarious to steal a player away from Barca, who have no money to buy anyone.

Well fortunately for us the vast majority of players want to play for us and many are willing to take a pay cut.

LOL mate, you don’t need to pay The Athletic to figure out that first bit.

As for the players, @luiginb pretty much nailed it.

The book is out on Frenkie lol??? He’s going into his 5 season. Has shown flashes of great play but overall he’s been no where near worth the money to bring him let alone his insane wages. He’s going to leave for free making him one of the worst financial blunders for Barca.

Whoa, hot take alert. You’re right, the book is out on Frenkie. That said, while it may not be on the best seller list, it’s critically acclaimed by people who know what they’re reading. De Jong has been consistently very good since we signed him, and to put that into context he really hasn’t fit in our formation prior to this season such that he has for many periods been played out position. I can’t wait to see him healthy, and hopefully he gets there, in Flick’s current setup. Also, a lot of what Frenkie does in a match goes somewhat unnoticed.

As for the transfer fee, it was a lot. It was actually too much, but it was market value to some extent. I could list a lot of other transfers that would make this look like a good deal, but IMO that doesn’t mean the fee wasn’t too much. For me it’ll come down to his maintaining his level or improving on it and staying longer than his current contract.

As for his wages, he’s definitely on too high a wage, and to be clear I’m talking about his wage not inclusive of the deferred wages. That said, I would just reiterate that he is indeed on a wage that includes a large sum of deferred wages lest anyone be ignorant of that or forget it.

If he leaves for free, so be it. That would be unfortunate and I think it could happen considering what other clubs would offer in wages. Still it’s premature to say that he will.

I am not calling them bad players per se, but wrong targets. Was Raphinha even needed? Is Olmo needed when you lot haven't had a player like Busquets since Busquets? Even though Garcia and others came on for free, your wages are supposedly killing the club as D2M wrote.

Did we need Raphinha? Yeah, we did. I mean you could make any number of arguments that we didn’t, but if you gave you other scenarios you’d probably say we should sign him. Raphinha is only so good, but overall he’s done well for us and came up big a few times last season. He’s on too high a wage, but no nearly as bad as some other players relative to their respective performances.

The wage bill is still an issue, but it’s a more nuanced answer. The club has brought down the wage bill considerably and revenues should go up notably in the next 12-18 months, possibly sooner, when Camp Nou is full open.

As for another Busquets, stay tuned.

Reactions: ecemleafs

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Francisco Conceicao on loan from Porto to Juventus for 7 mil

Felix Uduokhai on loan from Augsburg to Besiktas for 0.5 mil with an obligation to buy for 5 mil.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Whoa, hot take alert. You’re right, the book is out on Frenkie. That said, while it may not be on the best seller list, it’s critically acclaimed by people who know what they’re reading. De Jong has been consistently very good since we signed him, and to put that into context he really hasn’t fit in our formation prior to this season such that he has for many periods been played out position. I can’t wait to see him healthy, and hopefully he gets there, in Flick’s current setup. Also, a lot of what Frenkie does in a match goes somewhat unnoticed.

As for the transfer fee, it was a lot. It was actually too much, but it was market value to some extent. I could list a lot of other transfers that would make this look like a good deal, but IMO that doesn’t mean the fee wasn’t too much. For me it’ll come down to his maintaining his level or improving on it and staying longer than his current contract.

As for his wages, he’s definitely on too high a wage, and to be clear I’m talking about his wage not inclusive of the deferred wages. That said, I would just reiterate that he is indeed on a wage that includes a large sum of deferred wages lest anyone be ignorant of that or forget it.

If he leaves for free, so be it. That would be unfortunate and I think it could happen considering what other clubs would offer in wages. Still it’s premature to say that he will.

I disagree all things considered he hast fulfilled his potential. Nor has he shown the heights he hit as he did with Ajax, they're were times where he probably was the best barca player he was a machine that could play anywhere. I just dont think he shown enough of it to warrant the price nor the hype when he was first bought. JMO.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad