Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Why didn’t they back him like this last summer then? Confusing. They knew De Zerbi wanted that ambition, only to drive him away and then spend like crazy right afterwards.
One of the other aspects of the friction was that De Zerbi wanted to buy more CL/Europe ready players in the 26 to 30 year old range.

Bloom wants to invest in u-24 talent and then sign older players on free transfers.

Brighton is spending a lot this window but it's on mostly younger players once again.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
One of the other aspects of the friction was that De Zerbi wanted to buy more CL/Europe ready players in the 26 to 30 year old range.

Bloom wants to invest in u-24 talent and then sign older players on free transfers.

Brighton is spending a lot this window but it's on mostly younger players once again.
Is it about what type of players they're buying versus what he wanted? Did he want to progress to more veteran, less prospect buys?
Yeah, I guess I kinda get this. But ultimately you win with talent and I don’t think even De Zerbi would say you can’t win now with guys like Minteh, Wieffers, O’Riley, Gruda, etc.

Chimaera

same ol' Caps
Feb 4, 2004
La Plata, Maryland
Could also be that De Zerbi seems like kind of a prick and they were not unhappy to see the other side of him
This is the reason he is likely not at Bayern or Liverpool.

I think both ownership groups / directors did not want to deal with a guy who was going to go out and blast the guys in charge. It's not that Klopp or Slot for Liverpool won't hesitate to call a spade a spade, but they're going to avoid torpedoing the club brass.

Reactions: Bringer of Jollity

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Juventus lets Alex Sandro go on a free back to Brazil at Flamengo

Cameron Puertas, one of the best players in Belgium in the last couple years, goes to Qadsiah in Saudi for 15 mil

James Rodriguez back to Europe baby and I'm going to see him play a lot as he's going to be a colleague of Ratiu's in La Liga, singing for Madrid good guys Rayo Vallecano

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Vermeeren to Leipzig on a loan

Kayky who's still out injured after torn ligaments injury loaned to Sparta Rotterdam from City

Charlie Patino sold by Arsenal in the Spanish second division, 1.2 million to Deportivo La Coruna

All of them still young players, but rated lower than they were a couple of years back.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
just saw that...price is only 15 million though..might be worth the risk
Yes that was my point for LFC. They would rather get 'bargain' and/or unwanted player in position they have a lot of depth than target important player of position of needs.

Reactions: trostol

trostol

Learn to swim, Learn to swim
Jan 30, 2012
R'lyeh
Yes that was my point for LFC. They would rather get 'bargain' and/or unwanted player in position they have a lot of depth than target important player of position of needs.
i'd think i would be more comfy if they would just get VVD, Salah and Trent taken care of

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I'll go the other route, we need an experienced Salah backup and it's only 15m. Easy decision.

Worst case scenario he's like Shaq and wins us a couple matches anyway.

Reactions: trostol

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
What happened with him? Is he essentially finished or can he get his career back? It does make sense that each club basically swaps unwanted expensive players just to swap them.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
One too many attackers at Chelsea if they sign Sancho and Osimhen

The front five positions, which is what Maresca uses with:

LW - Mudryk, Sancho
LAM - Enzo, KDH
RAM - Palmer, Nkunku, Felix
RW - Neto, Madueke
ST - Jackson, Osimhen, Guiu

Even if Guiu leaves on loan, which he should, that’s still one too many players. Especially since we have two capable youth players to fill on the bench during injuries with George & Shim Mhueka.

I find the Murillo rumors interesting, but it’s way too late in the window to organize an exit for all 3 of Disasi, Badiashile, and Chalobah.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad