Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com please DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Hložek looked to be going to Leicester, which would've been very cool from a Czech perspective, but in the end it seems he'll be staying in Germany and transferring to Hoffenheim for 17-18 m (+bonuses)

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Odobert to Spurs
37M.
Neat story. Guy has made bold choices and it has paid off.
This came completely out of the blue. I'm feeling a bit meh about it for two reasons:

Reason number one is that Spurs need more immediate quality on the wings. Which is kind of what I expected them to bring in, considering that they almost signed Neto. But now their bringing in another guy to develop instead. They already had plenty of potential on the wings in Johnson, Moore and Min-Hyuk (arrives in January).

Reason number two is that he seems to primarily play on the left. What they need is someone to play mostly on the right to allow Kulusevski to play in midfield. Which once again, is what I expected them to bring in considering that they almost signed Neto.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
So apparently United knew of Yoro's metatarsal issue before signing him. It was weird that he trained immediately after signing and played one half vs Rangers without any issues. Then he got injured against Arsenal.

• Haha
Reactions: Scandale du Jour

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Odobert didn't look like he belonged in the Premier League last year. Hopefully he progresses in the next few years.

Romain Favre loaned again from Bournemouth to France, this time to Brest

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Odobert didn't look like he belonged in the Premier League last year. Hopefully he progresses in the next few years.
Can't say I've watched him much, but he didn't look out of place from what I hear. Well enough for Spurs to identify him with their data-heavy approach.

Will be interesting to see what he can do in a very different system.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Yeah weird to me he seemed to belong quite well from what I've seen.

I can't claim to have more than a passing knowledge, he didn't stick out to me positively or negatively.

His average Who scored rating last year was 6.62, which on the surface isn't great, it's the same as Ben Davies, but it was the 3rd best for players who started more than 15 appearances for Burnley.

Last edited:

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
This came completely out of the blue. I'm feeling a bit meh about it for two reasons:

Reason number one is that this is Spurs need more immediate quality on the wings. Which is kind of what I expected them to bring in, considering that they almost signed Neto. But now their bringing in another guy to develop instead. They already had plenty of potential on the wings in Johnson, Moore and Min-Hyuk (arrives in January).

Reason number two is that he seems to primarily play on the left. What they need is someone to play mostly on the right to allow Kulusevski to play in midfield. Which once again, is what I expected them to bring in considering that they almost signed Neto.
I get the frustration from the perspective that we were looking at a different profile previously. However, given the speed on this one, I get the feeling he was part of the list for a while. It should be noted he can play left, right and center.

I also think the club and Ange view Johnson in a more positive light than some of the fans. I think they are expecting him to take a big step forward this season.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona

He's going to step right in just fine, way more potential than Johnson

Now do defensive numbers, interplay and goals and assists per 90, at basically every level he played since he was a u19 at psg. I'm just frustrated at this transfer window at Spurs overplaying for mediocre players. But I do hope they all prove me wrong.

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Irish intertional Sammie Szmodish, one of the best players last years in the Championship for Blackburn signs for Ispwich for 10+ mil. They also get Southgate favourite Kalvin Phillips on a loan from City

Shaqiri rejects Saudi cash and goes back home to Basel

Reactions: PanniniClaus

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Some reports say that Merino to Arsenal is done.

- Nott'ham Forest now wants to sign Nketiah.

- Arsenal and Man City are going after Bruno G., who has a 100 million pound release clause. Some agents think he could move by the end of the window, but I cannot see how Arsenal would buy Merino and then go after Bruno.

- Chiesa is rumoured back to Arsenal.

- Arsenal is linked with Victor Reis; @John Pedro, any reports on him?

- Sagoe Jr. is going on a loan to Shrewsbury Town.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad