Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Todibo and Wan-Bissaka both confirmed for West Ham.

Interesting back line shaping up with:

Emerson - Kilman - Todibo - Wan-Bissaka

Coufal has really been on a downswing since his first big year. While AWB might not provide the offense Lopetegui likes in his fullbacks, at least he can be a plus defender.
AWB's medical is tomorrow, so not quite confirmed.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Weird timing to sell Carvalho, I thought he could really boost his value with a strong season under Slot.
He could but he also could get buried on the bench again. He still is going to have a lot of guys ahead of him on the depth chart even if they don’t add. This might just one of those deals where it’s a win win win for all parties

Protected themselves a bit with the sell-on clause; which as we just saw with Solanke never hurts. I do think they (still) need to bring in another attacking third player, especially if this goes through. They were overloaded on the left side, and if Carvalho goes any they bring in a central or right sided player that’s probably good business. Also some seem to think Anthony Gordon is still a possibility

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Reactions: les Habs

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Good thing Gallagher got sold before this happened to him

Hopefully a good enough source this time

Reactions: luiginb

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Todibo and Wan-Bissaka both confirmed for West Ham.

Interesting back line shaping up with:

Emerson - Kilman - Todibo - Wan-Bissaka

Coufal has really been on a downswing since his first big year. While AWB might not provide the offense Lopetegui likes in his fullbacks, at least he can be a plus defender.
I love the window for West Ham; you lot could be this year's Aston Villa.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Chelsea are New York Rangers in the dead puck era
I am still curious on how it will affect them longterm. Obviously getting young south american for some decent sum is one thing but keeping their top homegrown players could be harder in the future if they keep recruiting massively and use them as pawn to stay PSR compliant.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I am still curious on how it will affect them longterm. Obviously getting young south american for some decent sum is one thing but keeping their top homegrown players could be harder in the future if they keep recruiting massively and use them as pawn to stay PSR compliant.
It won’t unless there is a rule change.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Chelsea are New York Rangers in the dead puck era
the NYR in the dead puck era were stockpiling dinosaurs, chelsea are ruining kids instead
He was our best CB in 2023 preseason.

One bad spell on loan and he’s being sold? Huh
i don't particularly rate him tbh
65m for a guy not ever good enough to play for Liverpool is totally batshit to me
he was 21 when he left liverpool and is very evidently a late bloomer. it's like saying that ivan toney was 'not ever good enough to play for newcastle.' it's a silly take.

the fee for solanke is way higher than it should be, but 'he couldn't cut it at liverpool' is not why

Reactions: HeHateMeFrisbee

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
the NYR in the dead puck era were stockpiling dinosaurs, chelsea are ruining kids instead

i don't particularly rate him tbh

he was 21 when he left liverpool and is very evidently a late bloomer. it's like saying that ivan toney was 'not ever good enough to play for newcastle.' it's a silly take.

the fee for solanke is way higher than it should be, but 'he couldn't cut it at liverpool' is not why
We can revisit this when he doesn't score 10 goals this season.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
a totally possible outcome (do i need to reiterate that i think it's a bad fee), but it would have nothing to do with him not making it at liverpool as a 20 year old LMAO
Solanke being the most expensive transfer of the summer is batshit indeed. One good season in the Championship and the PL at almost 27 yo shouldn't make you that freaking expensive.
Strikers can be late bloomers. I think it’s certain possible he can score a bunch for Ange. My hot “hear me out” take is I would have taken him back but he wouldn’t want to be 3rd choice. My other hot take is if Tottenham are trying to dump Richarlison I’d take him for cover too, but certainly not at the price tag they’d want

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Araujo right price.
Pubill a bit expensive, but he has more hype.

That's my opinion. If we go by previous moves of RB, Araujo could have been sold for more

Speaking of RBs, was looking at the box scores from Portugal and was looking for a specific player. Boavista RB Pedro Malheiro was sold to Trabonzpor for grand total of… 2 million. Can’t believe Benfica didn’t make the rumored move for him at that price.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad