Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
The logic of "we needed a winger because Sterling, Madueke, and Mudryk aren't good enough" doesn't work for me because if people are fit all of those guys are backups and they're all totally fine levels for backups. Madueke had a goal every 200 minutes, Sterling a goal every 250, Mudryk a goal every 300.

A first choice Chelsea XI should look something like:

Jackson
Nkunku -------- Palmer
Enzo
Caicedo ------- Lavia
Cucurella - Colwill - Tosin? - James
Jorgenson
Sterling and Mudryk can come in on the left, Sterling and Madueke can come in on the right. If someone goes down, Madueke is good enough to fill in even for a protracted period of time. Hell, you could probably get away with playing Gusto at right wing if you really needed to!

Neto is made of f***ing glass. I like the player, I like the player a lot, but he hasn't played more than 20 games in a season since 2021. At that point I'd rather circle back to my take from last summer, which is that we should've said f*** it and tried to get Neymar.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
The logic of "we needed a winger because Sterling, Madueke, and Mudryk aren't good enough" doesn't work for me because if people are fit all of those guys are backups and they're all totally fine levels for backups. Madueke had a goal every 200 minutes, Sterling a goal every 250, Mudryk a goal every 300.

Jackson
Nkunku -------- Palmer
Enzo
Caicedo ------- Lavia
Jorgenson
Sterling and Mudryk can come in on the left, Sterling and Madueke can come in on the right. If someone goes down, Madueke is good enough to fill in even for a protracted period of time. Hell, you could probably get away with playing Gusto at right wing if you really needed to!

Neto is made of f***ing glass. I like the player, I like the player a lot, but he hasn't played more than 20 games in a season since 2021. At that point I'd rather circle back to my take from last summer, which is that we should've said f*** it and tried to get Neymar.

Whilst those listed offence/midfield players are obviously good enough to start on paper, I wouldn't like the width of that line-up.

A team can win without much crossing and wide play, but it should still be option for in-game variation in the build-up, although personally I think wide play and crosses wastes too many opportunities compared to what they achieve.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013

Jackson
Nkunku -------- Palmer
Enzo
Caicedo ------- Lavia
Jorgenson

That’s not the formation Maresca is using though. Nkunku/Palmer are playing centrally.

But I do agree that this is happening because their other signings have been absolutely awful.

1723221737859.png

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Jackson
Nkunku -------- Palmer
Enzo
Caicedo ------- Lavia
Jorgenson

With Chelsea, we can never assume a healthy squad. Part of the plan for this summer was building a squad for a large schedule, and they are factoring in the 25 Club World Cup into why they wanted a bigger squad.

Do we have a good enough offense if Palmer gets hurt? I'm not sure about that.

Reactions: Blender

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Damn, I like that Pedro Neto move for Chelsea. Why waste more funds when you lot already bought Mudryk and Sterling and Madueke and whoever else for those positions? Chelsea leaks goals AF.

Not sure who else is available at that position who is clearly better, it's not a slam dunk for sure.
Osimhen, David, Endrick, Zirkzee, Guirassy, Sorloth, Fullkrug, Gyokeres, Calvert-Lewin, Gimenez, Muani, Toney, Boniface, and Alvarez.

Again I like Solanke, I had him in my most underrated team of the year for this prior season, but not at 65 million pounds worth.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Damn, I like that Pedro Neto move for Chelsea. Why waste more funds when you lot already bought Mudryk and Sterling and Madueke and whoever else for those positions? Chelsea leaks goals AF.

Osimhen, David, Endrick, Zirkzee, Guirassy, Sorloth, Fullkrug, Gyokeres, Calvert-Lewin, Gimenez, Muani, Toney, Boniface, and Alvarez.

Again I like Solanke, I had him in my most underrated team of the year for this prior season, but not at 65 million pounds worth.
They suck and jobs are on the line. Ornstein said these guys told ownership they needed 4 windows and this is the fourth.

Anyways, the squad depth is looking like:

GK: Jorgensen, Sanchez, Bettinelli
LB: Cucurella, Chilwell (thinking Veiga will get this spot if (im assuming more of a when) Chilwell goes. Can't invert and can't play as 3rd CB)
CB: Colwill, Badiashile, Fofana, Disasi, Tosin (think there's a chance one of the Monaco CBs leave)
RB: James, Gusto
DM: Caicedo, Lavia
CM: Enzo, Dewsbury-Hall
AM: Palmer, Nkunku, Chukwuemeka (could leave?)
LW: Mudryk, Sterling (think one could leave?)
RW: Neto, Madueke (could leave?)
ST: Jackson, Omorodion, Guiu (could/should leave on loan?)

Not listed senior players that will seemingly be sold: Petrovic, Kepa, Chalobah, Casadei, Lukaku, DDF, Broja, Anjorin

Listed squad players that have had rumours around their names: Madueke, Sterling/Mudryk, Chukwuemeka, Monaco CBs, Chilwell, Sanchez

Last edited:

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
They suck and jobs are on the line. Ornstein said these guys told ownership they needed 4 windows and this is the fourth.

Anyways, the squad depth is looking like:

GK: Jorgensen, Sanchez, Bettinelli
LB: Cucurella, Chilwell (thinking Veiga will get this spot if (im assuming more of a when) Chilwell goes. Can't invert and can't play as 3rd CB)
CB: Colwill, Badiashile, Fofana, Disasi, Tosin (think there's a chance one of the Monaco CBs leave)
RB: James, Gusto
DM: Caicedo, Lavia
CM: Enzo, Dewsbury-Hall
AM: Palmer, Nkunku, Chukwuemeka (could leave?)
LW: Mudryk, Sterling (think one could leave?)
RW: Neto, Madueke (could leave?)
ST: Jackson, Omorodion, Guiu (could/should leave on loan?)

Not listed senior players that will seemingly be sold: Petrovic, Kepa, Chalobah, Casadei, Lukaku, DDF, Broja, Anjorin

Listed squad players that have had rumours around their names: Madueke, Sterling/Mudryk, Chukwuemeka, Monaco CBs, Chilwell, Sanchez
Missing Ugochukwu.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Missing Ugochukwu.
Intentional - he's part of the rumoured loan list. No notes of him being sold afaik

I didn't want to go through the list of loan guys / youth guys

Casadei leaving might end up biting them in the ass. He's more than capable playing that Gallagher/Fermin role.
I've never been impressed but it's also the exit I'd be least worried about given he started playing less & less under Maresca before his loan was cut short (stupidly). Coach knows the player.

Reactions: Blender and luiginb

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Intentional - he's part of the rumoured loan list. No notes of him being sold afaik

I've never been impressed but it's also the exit I'd be least worried about given he started playing less & less under Maresca before his loan was cut short (stupidly). Coach knows the player.
Not enough RAM?

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Weird, I was told he had a critical profile you guys needed… :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad