Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It’s the same guys running the show…

Which has not relevance at this point for the exact reason I posted. Just because you believe everything you read and can’t demonstrate the patience for a possible transfer such as Nico Williams’ (and that’s putting it nicely) is your own fault.

Come to North Carolina if you want a good burger

I know. Asheville has numerous places.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
It’s the right move
Yeah I mean of the available guys either him or Varela probably checked the most boxes. Don’t think it’s in the bag but would be really hard to complain about getting Zubimendi in. Contrary to the feelings of some, Im not going to get to worked up until the saga is over one way or the other

Im kind of curious to see if they are still (or were ever) interested in Kubo, because that would certainly represent a lot of business with Sociedad. They don’t need a RW as much if Zubimendi comes in because there will be minutes for Harvey Elliott there (although I think he is much better in midfield) but they will still need a forward in my opinion pretty badly; but will need to be a central player

I know. Asheville has numerous places.
I don’t think the food in NC is awesome, but we know how to do burgers and we know how to do fried chicken. SC has better BBQ though

Last edited:

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Which has not relevance at this point for the exact reason I posted. Just because you believe everything you read and can’t demonstrate the patience for a possible transfer such as Nico Williams’ (and that’s putting it nicely) is your own fault.
It’s my personal opinion. They’re feeding Romero the news. So it’s their own fault. Considering their performance post Alemany they deserve nothing but ridicule.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
It’s my personal opinion. They’re feeding Romero the news. So it’s their own fault. Considering their performance post Alemany they deserve nothing but ridicule.

You’re ridiculing them for not having a smoother transfer saga regarding Nico Williams. That is a LAUGHABLE take and in doing so you look clueless. What would you have them do? Have Deco hang out at Spain’s hotel? Invade the pitch during the Final? Have Laporta in a bikini on the beach in Marbella approaching Nico there? He was at the Euro and then he was on vacation afterwards. Add to that Athletic Club aren’t going to settle for less than his buyout clause. So any expectation past where we currently stand is ridiculous.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You’re ridiculing them for not having a smoother transfer saga regarding Nico Williams. That is a LAUGHABLE take and in doing so you look clueless. What would you have them do? Have Deco hang out at Spain’s hotel? Invade the pitch during the Final? Have Laporta in a bikini on the beach in Marbella approaching Nico there? He was at the Euro and then he was on vacation afterwards. Add to that Athletic Club aren’t going to settle for less than his buyout clause. So any expectation past where we currently stand is ridiculous.
For one thing instead of wasting time agreeing on the final details about a player who’s unsure of even joining, they can fix their house and when their #1 target is ready to make a decision you can sit with his agent?

the other massive mistake by Deco and co is the double speak and the soap opera way of dealing with transfers. It’s by design possibly but it’s dumb.

These all are tier one guys. Then look at the Oriol loan move. Made without a single person knowing until it’s done. I really don’t see how this is controversial to say Deco’s handling of the transfer has been abysmal.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
They are super different players. Weird comparison
I am not comparing them. I am asking a question based on the fact LFC were obviously very interested with Caicedo last summer and I wanted to know if Zubimendi can be better than what Caicedo would have provided for LFC.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
For one thing instead of wasting time agreeing on the final details about a player who’s unsure of even joining, they can fix their house and when their #1 target is ready to make a decision you can sit with his agent?

the other massive mistake by Deco and co is the double speak and the soap opera way of dealing with transfers. It’s by design possibly but it’s dumb.

These all are tier one guys. Then look at the Oriol loan move. Made without a single person knowing until it’s done. I really don’t see how this is controversial to say Deco’s handling of the transfer has been abysmal.

Ah, so a bunch more rumors from “tier one” guys. Like I’ve said before, how many has Rahman got right? And this is the guy just a post ago you said was being fed by the club.

Not even sure why you’d post the first one. If they did indeed have a deal in place with his agent, and I’m skeptical of that, but if they did it simply DISPROVES your point.

As for the rest of it, AGAIN, simply speculation and by your “tier one” guys no less who either like yourself can’t understand a very straightforward situation where the players is at the Euro, then on vacation and only only this week back or who are simply trying to get attention because they have nothing else. Like I said, any expectation of anything concrete prior to this week is just plain stupid. To say that Deco’s handling of the transfer is abysmal reeks of woeful ignorance. That’s not to mention believing everything fed to you, on X no less, without a remote ability to discern what to actually believe on your own because you lack the ability to think critically.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
@Duchene2MacKinnon And I’ll just add, your whole notion of “wasting time” is also ridiculous. Again, assuming personal terms have even been agreed, then it makes more sense to have them agreed ahead of time. That way you know you’re not wasting your time waiting for the player who won’t be back for weeks and who was rumored to have other competitive suitors.

Now if you want to slate Deco or whomever else for not moving on players exits/sales in the past few weeks, have at it, you won’t have any disagreement from me apart from a potential disagreement about which players should leave.

EDIT: And that Romeu loan move was rumored prior to it happening. In fact he’s been linked with Girona for some time who additionally have been very busy this window. Can’t fathom how anyone would think that move came out of the blue.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I am not comparing them. I am asking a question based on the fact LFC were obviously very interested with Caicedo last summer and I wanted to know if Zubimendi can be better than what Caicedo would have provided for LFC.
I mean I would have rather signed Brighton Caicedo but I take Zubimendi over Chelsea Caicedo.

Caicedo younger, PL proven, experience with Alexis, I think Caicedo probably has a higher ceiling, but Zubimendi probably better right now

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I mean I would have rather signed Brighton Caicedo but I take Zubimendi over Chelsea Caicedo.

Caicedo younger, PL proven, experience with Alexis, I think Caicedo probably has a higher ceiling, but Zubimendi probably better right now
You know Caicedo had a great finish to the season, right? Just as good as he had been with BHA. He had a dreadful start, but turned it around.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You know Caicedo had a great finish to the season, right? Just as good as he had been with BHA. He had a dreadful start, but turned it around.
Yeah because they took Enzo away from him.

Gallagher isn’t there to save Caicedo’s ass this season because yall threw Gallagher in the trash

Caicedo is obviously very good at his best, but I’m not taking the majority of his work at Chelsea (and Ecuador) over the majority of Zubimendi’s work at Sociedad (and Spain).

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Run to the hills!!!!!

701e0da061261242731a6dbbd3e263d8.gif

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: luiginb

Incubajerks

Feb 9, 2010
Roma
It seems that Fiorentina have an agreement with Reims for Amir Richardson, I know he is a very good prospect but I have seen practically zero of him. I don't know, I would have preferred Tessmann, but his agents are acting like bandits having insisted on commissions. The same thing happened with Inter who immediately dropped the player for this very reason.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
It seems that Fiorentina have an agreement with Reims for Amir Richardson, I know he is a very good prospect but I have seen practically zero of him. I don't know, I would have preferred Tessmann, but his agents are acting like bandits having insisted on commissions. The same thing happened with Inter who immediately dropped the player for this very reason.

If it means anything, he was exceptional at the Olympics, especially in the semis against Spain. Guys as tall as he is shouldn't move that gracefully with the ball at their feet.

I'm sure he'll be on the pitch today for Morocco against Egypt in the Bronze medal game.

Reactions: Incubajerks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad