OHL Trade Thread 2024-25

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I can see Oshawa being a possible destination for Gibson.
Sounds good to me!

I would love to get another Brady smith 😂
He needs to have a huge first half of the season and be on Team Canada if you're going to get a 2008 born 1st rounder back for him. Full years of Rehkopf, Bertucci and Barlow aren't even netting a 2008 born 1st. Half a year of Gibson will? Not the best year to be a seller so far

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Full years of Rehkopf, Bertucci and Barlow aren't even netting a 2008 born 1st. Half a year of Gibson will? Not the best year to be a seller so far
08 1st rounders cannot be traded until January. So it was impossible to get an 08 1st rounder for full years of Rehkopf, Bertucci or Barlow.

I would imagine, if the selling teams were more interested in an 08 1st rounder than the bundle of picks, they would’ve held off until January to make these trades.

OMG67

Sep 1, 2013
Sounds good to me!

He needs to have a huge first half of the season and be on Team Canada if you're going to get a 2008 born 1st rounder back for him. Full years of Rehkopf, Bertucci and Barlow aren't even netting a 2008 born 1st. Half a year of Gibson will? Not the best year to be a seller so far

I think we will see some 1st rounders traded at the deadline but more likley for package players like OS did last year acquiring McCue and Smith or Sarnia and NB with the Leblanc’s and Vilmanis.

If you see Ottawa move Pinelli at the deadline, I wouldn’t be surprised if Foster or Barlas were moved with him in a package deal. Teams will look to fill more than one hole on those deals.

Generalsupdates

@GeneralsUpdates on Twitter
Sep 4, 2017
I think we will see some 1st rounders traded at the deadline but more likley for package players like OS did last year acquiring McCue and Smith or Sarnia and NB with the Leblanc’s and Vilmanis.

If you see Ottawa move Pinelli at the deadline, I wouldn’t be surprised if Foster or Barlas were moved with him in a package deal. Teams will look to fill more than one hole on those deals.
Anything can happen come the deadline but of the likely good teams:
Barrie: 5th overall Parker Vaughan, usually top 5 picks don't get traded.

London: Logan Hawery told every other team he was going NCAA so he'd fall to London, unlikely he accepts a trade 6 months later.

Oshawa: told Brady Smith (who was mulling NCAA offers) that he wouldn't be traded. His family moved to Oshawa and his younger brother is playing 15U Whitby AAA now.

Brampton: already traded Valentini.

Kingston: didn't get Malhotra.

Brantford: O'Donnell could be traded. From Nova Scotia so don't know much about him.

So of the top 6 teams, only 1 is likely shopping it's 1st rounder? Doesn't look like it's shaping up to be a sellers market, which is also likely why Betuccci, Rehkopf, etc. are being sold before the year starts to maximize the pick return

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad