Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Let’s see if they can pull this off…Joyce dropping the news usually a good sign

Prior to the signings of Naby Keita, Virgil Van Dijk, Thiago Alcantara and Alisson, he had previewed that Liverpool were dropping out of the race for their signings and eventually they did arrive at Anfield

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
More useful as a number 6 than Caqueret, but not as good on the ball.
You watch more La Liga than I do, but I think it’s a little possible that Real Sociedad tactics kind of limited him a bit? He definitely tries some weird stuff at time but I think (noticed a bit while I was watching Kubo highlights) Imanol sets them up kind of conservative? Don’t think Zubimendi is perfect but might be some upside there

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

Prior to the signings of Naby Keita, Virgil Van Dijk, Thiago Alcantara and Alisson, he had previewed that Liverpool were dropping out of the race for their signings and eventually they did arrive at Anfield
I mean, in three of those four signings they absolutely did.

But either way Joyce is by far the most reliable LFC source. He is saying the are working on the deal. Ornstein is saying they are working on the deal. They are at least going to put the money on the table and try and that’s all you can ask for to start with. They haven’t done anything else this summer. I mean Xavi Alonso didn’t want to leave Sociedad/needed to be persuaded to leave when he came to LFC and that worked out alright. And to be fair, who would want to leave San Sebastián ?

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
You watch more La Liga than I do, but I think it’s a little possible that Real Sociedad tactics kind of limited him a bit? He definitely tries some weird stuff at time but I think (noticed a bit while I was watching Kubo highlights) Imanol sets them up kind of conservative? Don’t think Zubimendi is perfect but might be some upside there
He does the heavy lifting in that midfield, as Merino has the freedom to roam.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
He does the heavy lifting in that midfield, as Merino has the freedom to roam.
For sure but that’s what LFC need. Yeah they’ll need to convince him, but there’s must have received some kind of encouragement here. Maybe good relationship with agent or something I dunno. Don’t think it’s a slam dunk that it happens but would be hard to complain if it did. Will dive a bit deeper if it goes thru

Reactions: luiginb

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
For sure but that’s what LFC need. Yeah they’ll need to convince him, but there’s must have received some kind of encouragement here. Maybe good relationship with agent or something I dunno. Don’t think it’s a slam dunk that it happens but would be hard to complain if it did. Will dive a bit deeper if it goes thru
Unfortunately San Sebastián is one of the most beautiful places on Earth imo and apparently his too

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Unfortunately San Sebastián is one of the most beautiful places on Earth imo and apparently his too
And the food. My word.

I don’t know if I’d leave

But yeah, especially after the way Yoro to Utd went down, they either must have received some encouragement to try, and/or they learned to just try anyway and see what happens.

Reactions: luiginb

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
I mean, in three of those four signings they absolutely did.

But either way Joyce is by far the most reliable LFC source. He is saying the are working on the deal. Ornstein is saying they are working on the deal. They are at least going to put the money on the table and try and that’s all you can ask for to start with. They haven’t done anything else this summer. I mean Xavi Alonso didn’t want to leave Sociedad/needed to be persuaded to leave when he came to LFC and that worked out alright. And to be fair, who would want to leave San Sebastián ?
He's very good. Room for improvement on a better team. World class potential.

I'm not sure he wants to leave for England.

Also they would need a replacement if both Merino and Zubi leave.

Turrientes is ready to take one spot but it's two key players leaving.

HeHateMeFrisbee

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Savannah, GA
Oh and I have zero interest for lazy Solanke, especially at that ridiculous price. Richarlison is ten times the player he is.
Makes zero sense to me to switch out Richarlison for Solanke. If you want to buy Solanke to solidify the striking options, sure. Crazy money but it's not mine so, whatever. I'd prefer it spent elsewhere and go after a less expensive option though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
PSG going after Sancho.

Sounds like things are heating up.

Can't say I'm a huge fan.
I really like Solanke, but £65 is crazy pills sort of level. For 30 million more, you could potentially get Osimhen. I'm all here for it though.
Well better pack it up and wave the white flag then because HITC says so.
You don't get it, if Zubimendi wanted to leave, Arsenal would have already bought him by now.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Most likely but Joyce, Ornstein are not people that publish bullshit. There is something there...
I am not saying LFC's interest is wrong or unfounded; all I am saying is that you can have all the interest in the world, but that doesn't mean a player wants to join a club. Remember all the Vlahovic rumours to Arsenal a couple of transfer windows back?

All the rumours we have is Liverpool wants him, nothing saying the player wants to go to Liverpool. Big difference.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You don't get it, if Zubimendi wanted to leave, Arsenal would have already bought him by now.
Maybe he wants to go to a team that has won the Champions League? Maybe he wants to follow Xabi Alonso footsteps. Who knows? Can’t fault them for trying.

Here he stays

HITC understands Martin Zubimendi has once again made it clear to English suitors that he is not looking to leave Real Sociedad this summer.
Have the turn tables turned?

That’s your source from earlier

Basque source thinks it’s possible too

Not that I have any idea how good the Basque sources are

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Most likely but Joyce, Ornstein are not people that publish bullshit. There is something there...
It's the 60 million euro release clause that's the issue. United at least seem to be wary of that. Though they paid more than the clause for Zirkzee but were able to negotiate it to multiple installments.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad