Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Frankly the way Fermin is playing this is a luxury signing and one that probably we will regret. They play the same position too.
And I like the player a lot.

Somebody needs to go. Vitor Roque or Raphinha. And it needs to happen soon

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

That’s what it’s all about. Getting their boy home and a splash in the market.

lol this is very much Equi which makes me wanna cry. Palacios is another that would do well but I’d steer clear if I was a lfc fan.
For how many months were we talking about Equi? Heck I would rather have Equi than Varela. I like but if you are putting him next to Alexis, you are sacrificing a lot of height. One of the reasons no one has any idea who the mystery player is, is because whoever it is might as well be a unicorn. Have some theories but really don't have a good idea. The only team that's really added midfielders this summer is Atletico if getting Gallagher and Guerra - does that free someone up over there? Do LFC have enough ball playing midfielders that they roll the dice on Ugarte because Ugarte is very good at what they are very bad at and the United seems to have walked away. Honestly I could see Palacios too, but I am not taking a midfielder that couldn't stay healthy in the Bundesliga to the PL again even though I love the skill set.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
For how many months were we talking about Equi? Heck I would rather have Equi than Varela. I like but if you are putting him next to Alexis, you are sacrificing a lot of height. One of the reasons no one has any idea who the mystery player is, is because whoever it is might as well be a unicorn. Have some theories but really don't have a good idea. The only team that's really added midfielders this summer is Atletico if getting Gallagher and Guerra - does that free someone up over there? Do LFC have enough ball playing midfielders that they roll the dice on Ugarte because Ugarte is very good at what they are very bad at and the United seems to have walked away. Honestly I could see Palacios too, but I am not taking a midfielder that couldn't stay healthy in the Bundesliga to the PL again even though I love the skill set.
I'm not sure Javi Guerra will finally go to Atletico... he has way too many players ahead of him... in my opinion he's bottom of their depth chart. I don't see any midfielder below him. I could have seen it if Gallagher rejected them.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I'm not sure Javi Guerra will finally go to Atletico... he has way too many players ahead of him... in my opinion he's bottom of their depth chart. I don't see any midfielder below him. I could have seen it if Gallagher rejected them.
Think that's fair too. Just going on the limited information that I have. Hard to identify this guy.e Funny thing is I keep landing on these guys that all moved in the last 12 months or so. Even some guys that moved in January like Johnny Cardoso and the Belgian guy on Atletico (but again only if they are adding Gallagher AND Guerra) - but if they were going to a guy that moved in January I would just shoot the moon and get Wharton out of Crystal Palace, but maybe that's just me

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Think that's fair too. Just going on the limited information that I have. Hard to identify this guy.e Funny thing is I keep landing on these guys that all moved in the last 12 months or so. Even some guys that moved in January like Johnny Cardoso and the Belgian guy on Atletico (but again only if they are adding Gallagher AND Guerra) - but if they were going to a guy that moved in January I would just shoot the moon and get Wharton out of Crystal Palace, but maybe that's just me
What profile of player you think they will go for? The best one available now seems to be Merino, cheap and quality, still time to take him off Arsenal hands

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
What profile of player you think they will go for? The best one available now seems to be Merino, cheap and quality, still time to take him off Arsenal hands
It’s a tough one. I think they need someone press resistant and good on the ball. But they also need someone that is athletic and covers a lot of ground. I think they might prioritize the former over the latter, but if I was trying to find a partner for Alexis, I think if you want to help Alexis you need someone that can run backwards for them. But this player is going to be in a double six spot in buildup so I’d be scared putting in a guy like Ugarte who can’t handle the ball.

I think of the guys that haven’t moved, a guy like Varela probably is closest to that, but I don’t know if a Varela/Alexis battery is athletic enough

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
It’s a tough one. I think they need someone press resistant and good on the ball. But they also need someone that is athletic and covers a lot of ground. I think they might prioritize the former over the latter, but if I was trying to find a partner for Alexis, I think if you want to help Alexis you need someone that can run backwards for them. But this player is going to be in a double six spot in buildup so I’d be scared putting in a guy like Ugarte who can’t handle the ball.
Zubi?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
What’s going on with Skriniar? Will he be sold? Seems like he has never been given a chance at PSG and surpassed by others in the depth chart. He seemed to be better on the right of the 3 man defence. For club and country he has underwhelmed in a back 4 in my opinion
He was supposed to be gone this summer but as of now he's still here. He's a good vet, but clearly not fit to play Enrique's ball with some passing ability required.

Thanks. The kid is hitting the stage in his career where he just needs to play. So I’m more concerned with his competition for minutes than I am the service he’d get if given steady minutes.
He'd start as lone striker in Marseille and likely with Lille with 2 strikers.

Oooo cryptic

Ok folks who is the mystery player?

Y Fofana still hasn't been transfered to Milan officially.

Reactions: cgf

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Y Fofana still hasn't been transfered to Milan officially.
I could see it, but think there may be some others. I kind of think if they wanted Fofana they would have gotten him already though? If that makes sense.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well, yes but...
Fofana was all about to join Milan. Terms agreed, negociations not that far apart with Monaco.
And suddenly, EPL teams jumped on the deal and since then no word on what's going on except he hasn't joined Milan yet.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Well, yes but...
Fofana was all about to join Milan. Terms agreed, negociations not that far apart with Monaco.
And suddenly, EPL teams jumped on the deal and since then no word on what's going on except he hasn't joined Milan yet.
Yeah but I mean even last year. They could have gotten him instead of like Endo. I think the only team that put in a legit bid for Fofana last year was Forest. And granted Fofana had a very good year last year and his stock should be up, just feels like it would have happened by now

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
That’s because Milan is trying to pull a Madrid and lowball with €17M offer. If Liverpool really wanted him they have the pull to convince him and Monaco would agree to a normal price in five seconds.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Arsenal going after 16 year old Gabriel Carvalho from Sao Paulo, supposedly sent scouts and he's around 25 million Euros.

City a bit worse (until they use that money/FFP room to sign another stud of course)
Yeah, they're so buying Nico Williams next season.

Last edited:

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Looks like Javi Guerra will be going to Atletico and part of the deal is the loan of Vermeeren to Valencia back, good move for him who was not going to have anytime with Atletico.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Chiesa rumoured to Barça for 15 million euros.
Another player I really like but unless Raphinha or Ferran go makes no sense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad