Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
I usually agree with your posts but I've seen no such things. Chelsea fans are up in arms about how the club has been managed lately.
I could reply to this but I am just going to watch and wait to see what happens next

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
It seems plenty clear for me that all of 45 players purchased by Chelsea since new ownership will not stay there for the full duration of their contracts.

Boehly compared getting new players to investment. It seems pretty clear that Chelsea will have to sell some of the young players they purchased to continue to operate like they do.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
With Lille (reportedly) trying to hijack the deal, which do you think would be a better spot for him?
If Lille reaches the CL maybe there. Even then it's doubtful.
OM are building an impressive team. Without Europe. With De Zerbi. Yeah I'd go with them. If he can handle the pressure there.

Reactions: cgf

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It seems plenty clear for me that all of 45 players purchased by Chelsea since new ownership will not stay there for the full duration of their contracts.

Boehly compared getting new players to investment. It seems pretty clear that Chelsea will have to sell some of the young players they purchased to continue to operate like they do.
Yes of course this will happen. Has DDF really gained significant value since his purchase though?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

Yep, even though it's different ownership groups and directors, it's more or less what they did before. Some purchases are for the 1st team, some are just meant to be flipped for FFP purposes. Would be interesting to know over the years, which players were intended for what, and how successful each were.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Whatever. I hate the strategy of purchasing multiple players in the same position at the same time. I get the Osimhen would only be in a very ideal situation, but sign one or the other, not both. Just repeating the headaches in midfield. It just gives the vibe that they really aren't that confident in Omorodion and they need insurance, and the insurance is one of the top strikers in the world, and if you get him, why bother with Omorodion.

And sounds like the report is that instead of a winger and striker, they would go for the 2 strikers because they believe Jackson can also play wing. Just whatever. If they struggle, I hope it's the Directors on the hotseat and not the manager again.

Last edited:

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Or even just on this site, I think all of us Chelsea fans were very high on the performances of Gallagher last season, and are not happy with him leaving. If we could do it again, I'd rather have him on the squad and one of Enzo or Caicedo not purchased.

And now Chelsea is rumoured to be buying Celtic's Matt O'Riley for 38M. What's the point of selling Gallagher and then buying O'Riley for almost the same fee?

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011

The developments regarding Alvarez have resulted in Atletico softening their resistance to selling Samu Omorodion and Chelsea are pursuing a deal to recruit the Spanish forward for a fee in the region of €40m (£34.4m).

The south west London club had a €32.5million (£27.4m) plus add-ons offer rejected for Omorodion in June. The 20-year-old spent last season on loan at Deportivo Alaves scoring nine goals and providing one assist to help them to a 10th-place finish in La Liga.

That potential transfer is independent of talks between Chelsea and Napoli regarding separate deals for Romelu Lukaku and Victor Osimhen, which are expected to continue.

David Datro Fofana and Armando Broja are expected to leave Stamford Bridge this summer in permanent moves.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
You know the funny thing about Chelsea trying to add two more strikers after selling Gallagher. Is that Guiu was a preseason standout and Jackson is supposedly a top five striker in the league.
Matt Law says no.

I mean they signed Dewsbury-Hall and Veiga already this summer so this is really weird framing. Should say (allegedly) not signing any more midfielders. And they have Lavia coming back too.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.
Chelsea is just comical. Its actually not even funny, but all you can do is laugh at this point.

Can only hope they implode this season and Boehly/Eghbali are forced to sell their plasma and donate it to the FA for PSR compliance.

Reactions: luiginb

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
You know the funny thing about Chelsea trying to add two more strikers after selling Gallagher. Is that Guiu was a preseason standout and Jackson is supposedly a top five striker in the league.

I mean they signed Dewsbury-Hall and Veiga already this summer so this is really weird framing. Should say (allegedly) not signing any more midfielders. And they have Lavia coming back too.
Veiga was signed more for the inverted LB role, that's what really kicked off the Chilwell rumors. KDH does feel like more of the Gallagher replacement.

I understand why they want to add a winger, Mudryk sucks, Sterling sucks, Madueke sucks, so then they decide to go with 2 strikers to push another striker to the wing? Guiu has been good, but you can't expect top 4 with Jackson and Guiu, but adding Omorodion doesn't really give what that group is lacking. This group just needs a reliable vet that is cheap, someone like Giroud when we brought him here. But, whatever. Sign Omorodion, struggle to develop 3 young strikers, loan in a top striker with some sort of option/obligation and watch him fail to live up to expectations because it will be completed at the last minute.

Omorodion is at least someone that they've been targeting all summer, and Osimhen might at least be a means to the end of Lukaku.

They are all gonna get hurt anyway, who cares.

Reactions: Peen

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Sorry I didn't realize that I run the club, lmao
Maybe you should
Veiga was signed more for the inverted LB role, that's what really kicked off the Chilwell rumors. KDH does feel like more of the Gallagher replacement.
I don’t know Chelsea plan for Veiga, I know he basically played in Basel midfield all last season though, so I’m going to assume he is a midfielder based on that

I understand why they want to add a winger, Mudryk sucks, Sterling sucks, Madueke sucks, so then they decide to go with 2 strikers to push another striker to the wing? Guiu has been good, but you can't expect top 4 with Jackson and Guiu, but adding Omorodion doesn't really give what that group is lacking. This group just needs a reliable vet that is cheap, someone like Giroud when we brought him here. But, whatever. Sign Omorodion, struggle to develop 3 young strikers, loan in a top striker with some sort of option/obligation and watch him fail to live up to expectations because it will be completed at the last minute.

Omorodion is at least someone that they've been targeting all summer, and Osimhen might at least be a means to the end of Lukaku.

They are all gonna get hurt anyway, who cares.
Yeah exactly this is why I just need to watch and wait. They need more wingers now too

Last edited:

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
Maybe you should

I don’t know Chelsea plan for Veiga, I know he basically played in Basel midfield all last season though, so I’m going to assume he is a midfielder based on that

Yeah exactly this is why I just need to watch and wait. They need more wingers now too
All the talk was the liked his versatility to play LB/LCB/CDM.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
For a guy who was bought to be versatile, he sure spent a lot of time playing only one position the majority of last season
And the season before he was primarily a LB and CB, which fits with why he was purchased for the inverted LB role as throughout 90 minutes, he'll play the role of CDM, LB, and LCB. That's why Chilwell is on the outs because he doesn't fit Maresca's system.

Ad

Upcoming events

• France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $1,632.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Israel vs Italy
    Israel vs Italy
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $30,494.00