Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Kind of curious to see what City will do with the Alvarez money. I think they will probably give Bobb more minutes, but besides that? Going to have plenty of options. Might just go in the Wirtz/Musiala fund

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Kind of curious to see what City will do with the Alvarez money. I think they will probably give Bobb more minutes, but besides that? Going to have plenty of options. Might just go in the Wirtz/Musiala fund
It’s not like they need the money. They will need someone to eat those minutes with KDB aging too.

Foden-Haaland-writz
Echeverri-Silva

Next year? Although Echeverri needs more seasoning

Reactions: Savant

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I mean, looking at the most recent reports a deal may still be worked out, but a team's valuation is exactly that, it's the price at which they will let a player go, but at less than which they would rather keep the player. West Ham knows that very well
OM really wanted Nketiah which is a mystery to me. But Arsenal wouldn't move from the 30M for a guy who never got more than 5 league goals.

Reactions: PanniniClaus

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Yan Couto loaned out from City again, this time to Dortmund.
Not loaned. He has been sold for 25 million.

Sorloth to Atletico Madrid for 35 million.

It’s not like they need the money. They will need someone to eat those minutes with KDB aging too.

Foden-Haaland-writz
Echeverri-Silva

Next year? Although Echeverri needs more seasoning
Too early for Echeverri IMO, I think the other season for sure

City was rumoured to try sign Guimaraes

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There are many reports that Arsenal want Joan Garcia as the backup for Raya when/if we sell Ramsdale.

- Reports in Italy say that Arsenal is in contact with Chiesa's agents.

- Liverpool have entered the Gyokeres race and are willing to pay closer to his release clause than Arsenal are willing to.

- Marseille wants to pay 20 million, but Arsenal wants 30 million for Nketiah. 20 million is pretty fair IMHO. Just put 5 million pounds of extra add-ons and call it a deal. Marseille put in a 23 million pound bid, which Arsenal rejected.

- Osimhen to Arsenal is back on, supposedly.

- Arsenal also interested in Joao Pedro for a #9, but I just can't see it happen this year.

- Marinakis, who owns N'Forest and Olympikoas, is trying to poach Edu away from Arsenal to be in charge of both football clubs.

Reactions: Eye of Ra

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Nah Arsenal wanted 35M+resell percentage.
OM offered 27M. Which is insane IMO.

Good thing they moved in and are close to Moukoko.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Conte only believes in defensive schemes, so Lukaku, as a #9 over Osimhen, makes perfect sense. With his size and strength, Lukaku can act as a CB at the top of the pitch, lol.
If I were a fan of a team that has (at minimum) four CBs on the pitch at any given moment, I probably wouldn't clown on a coach for (hypothetically) filling his lineup with CBs

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
- Liverpool have entered the Gyokeres race and are willing to pay closer to his release clause than Arsenal are willing to.
Have not seen any LFC links to Gyokeres, (or any other striker), from my end. Which is a shame because they really need another number 9. If they do I doubt they shoot the moon for a big ticket one, but the one thing that Slot obviously needs is an outlet up top and right now there is no one but Diogo (who is injury prone), Darwin (who hasn’t played a minute for Slot) and Danns who is supposedly going on loan to Plymouth

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Have not seen any LFC links to Gyokeres, (or any other striker), from my end. Which is a shame because they really need another number 9. If they do I doubt they shoot the moon for a big ticket one, but the one thing that Slot obviously needs is an outlet up top and right now there is no one but Diogo (who is injury prone), Darwin (who hasn’t played a minute for Slot) and Danns who is supposedly going on loan to Plymouth
That’s insane

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That’s insane
Yeah I mean he’s been at Copa America so it’s understandable. The lack of cover is less understandable to me so reasons in post above. Played our first preseason game vs Betis with two false nine essentially and Slot said right afterwards that he just played that because he had to and we’d probably never see it again (unless emergency; certainly not tactical). Then we got Diogo back and holy cow this system looks much better with a central focal point up there. But again with Diogo availability issues and Darwin’s habit of running cold, (and Gakpo obviously should not be playing striker again) they need another body there. Doesn’t have to be like Gyokeres level but you need someone

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
If I were a fan of a team that has (at minimum) four CBs on the pitch at any given moment, I probably wouldn't clown on a coach for (hypothetically) filling his lineup with CBs
We didn't buy Calafiori because he was a need, we bought him because he's a stud. He could model for Gucci.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

My impression is the clowning was about preferring Lukaku to Osimhen but ok

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
The two teams in the EPL that play 4 CBs also scored the most goals in the league last year. It's amazing that other fans have actually tried to clown Arsenal for being defensive because we've brought in a bunch of tall and athletic players, when in actuality we're still better offensively than any team besides City.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00