Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
Love how people were pushing Maddison for PL team of the season in 2023, and in 2024 they are ready to flog him to the relegation teams
Who was pushing him for team of the season?

Everybody knows that he had an amazing start to the season, but that he didn't look the same after his injury.

I don’t think he'll be gone any time soon though.

Reactions: luiginb and Peen

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002

Everybody knows that he had an amazing start to the season, but that he didn't look the same after his injury.

Me either. If I would rank them from most to least likely to leave I would say Bissouma/Sarr/Maddison/Kulusevski.

Apparently Bergvall has been like a velcro cat with Dejan and getting rid of him would be terribly unwise, despite a certain % of Spurs fans who aren't fans of him.

Jersey Fresh

Video Et Taceo
Feb 23, 2004
T.A.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

In 2023, plenty were. Signing of the season, most important blah blah blah, then Tottenham started playing good teams, he got injuries and the rest is history. And now yall trying g to sell him to Everton

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
In 2023, plenty were. Signing of the season, most important blah blah blah, then Tottenham started playing good teams, he got injuries and the rest is history. And now yall trying g to sell him to Everton
Who said that end of season? Nobody. That's what matters.

But I have hope that he'll look better again. Probably not as good as the start of last season, but still. I'm absolutely not advocating for him to get sold now.

Reactions: luiginb and Evilo

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
That's frankly not true.
Sprus fans (and everyone) was dazzled by his start of the season. He got injured and never reached his level again when he came back.
Nobody called him for team of the season. Not a single Spurs fan. Nor anybody else.
EVERYONE though called him for XO of the half season, which was very much warranted.

In other news, Monaco is trying to sign Moukoko.

Reactions: luiginb

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
That's frankly not true.
Sprus fans (and everyone) was dazzled by his start of the season. He got injured and never reached his level again when he came back.
Nobody called him for team of the season. Not a single Spurs fan. Nor anybody else.
EVERYONE though called him for XO of the half season, which was very much warranted.
In 2023 they certainly did. And then the calendar turned to January 2024
Moukoko and Ilenihnka is a choice

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Guy plays great first half of season. People make Teams of Season (So Far). Guy is on them.

Guy gets hurt. Comes back and plays poorly. Same people say he’s playing poorly. No one claims he should be on Team of Season.

This is, uh, a pretty reasonable sequence of sentences.

Seems to me like the same people who invented a hypothetical Spurs fan who thought they were winning the title are inventing a hypothetical scenario where putting a guy who had a great half-season on the Team of the Season (So Far) is ridiculous.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Wonder if Chelsea goes in here given the insistence from journalists that they will sign an ST this summer.

There were those rumors a while ago that they had interest.

Guiu has been good, but very raw. He needs to be playing more and he won’t usurp Jackson at his current level.

——

Can’t be understated how much Chelsea have messed up at wing & CB.

The new formation means Madueke is the only RW (and he sucks) and Mudryk/Sterling are our only LWs. Sterling sucks and Mudryk will most likely never put it together.

Instantly completely neutered. Olise was heavily needed.

And then at CB, Badiashile has been bad for a year, Disasi is unlikely to ever be a fit for Maresca, Fofana is coming off injuries that limit his long term potential & short term ability to contribute, and you’ve lost Thiago Silva.

The Tosin signing makes sense given it was a free and the coach knows the player - allows you to make a sale somewhere else. But, that’s a backup. And then Anselmino, totally justifiable. But they needed a first team CB badly.

It seems as though Chilwell isn’t going to fit tactically. I posted about one of the Chelsea journalists openly “predicting” this about this a week ago and it seems to have materialized early, but it’s still early.

He was an immense player early for Chelsea but the last two years - when fit - have been horror shows constantly. Those tuchel teams - so much of the offense came from Kante, Reece, and Chilwell. I still think there’s a quality player in there if he can remain fit and get consistent game time given what he’s shown in the past

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad