Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Napoli going in with a new bid for Gilmour and he's interested in joining Pizza FC.

- Calafiori could play against Liverpool in Philadelphia.

- Like clockwork, Arsenal is rumoured to be after Julian Alvarez and Man City are willing to sell him for 77 million pounds. Sounds like the reports are not due to culture or weather, but because he wants to play more and be an in-and-out starter every game. Chelsea also going after him.

- More smoke about Arsenal trying to persuade Fernandez (Boca one) to join them.

- Merino deal could be accelerated next week when he gets off his holiday. Ruiz is the other option and would supposedly be cheaper.

- Gabriel Jesus could go to Saudi, but other reports say he's not for sale.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

I don’t like this move for him. That said I hope it works out and at least we get some money out of the deal eventually.

Where do they get all this money? Lol

I like him a lot. Hate the fit.
Could see a Kepa situation happening again

For me the question is why do these players keep signing for them? I can only assume it’s money, which if that’s the case then just go to Saudi Arabia for two years.

- Napoli going in with a new bid for Gilmour and he's interested in joining Pizza FC.

- Calafiori could play against Liverpool in Philadelphia.

- Like clockwork, Arsenal is rumoured to be after Julian Alvarez and Man City are willing to sell him for 77 million pounds. Sounds like the reports are not due to culture or weather, but because he wants to play more and be an in-and-out starter every game. Chelsea also going after him.

- More smoke about Arsenal trying to persuade Fernandez (Boca one) to join them.

- Merino deal could be accelerated next week when he gets off his holiday. Ruiz is the other option and would supposedly be cheaper.

- Gabriel Jesus could go to Saudi, but other reports say he's not for sale.

I don’t know how much more City can play Alvarez. I think he started something like 31 league matches last season. Maybe he wants a different role? Or a more prominent role?

I saw something, granted it was a forum, linking Equi Fernandez with a move to Saudi Arabia.

Actually, I think Merino would be cheaper than Ruiz.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
I don’t like this move for him. That said I hope it works out and at least we get some money out of the deal eventually.

For me the question is why do these players keep signing for them? I can only assume it’s money, which if that’s the case then just go to Saudi Arabia for two years.

I don’t know how much more City can play Alvarez. I think he started something like 31 league matches last season. Maybe he wants a different role? Or a more prominent role?

I saw something, granted it was a forum, linking Equi Fernandez with a move to Saudi Arabia.

It can’t be playing time that’s a cop out.

As for Equi it’s true all roads point to Saudi right now for him. Let’s hope they fall through.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

As for Equi it’s true all roads point to Saudi right now for him. Let’s hope they fall through.

Agreed, and it sounds as the Guardiola is pissed. Like I said the other day, either somebody stumps up the cash or he’s “stuck”.

Yeah, I was going to try and trade for him in my keeper league but forget it now. I don’t have room for him anyway.

65 million I would take but that mean relying more heavily on the wonder boy. I’d rather not. Unless they pick up a back up.

First, I’d try and negotiate that up if the player is willing to move. That said, I wouldn’t get too greedy, but maybe 70? 75 even? If he’s willing to move though I’d probably do it just to get Nico over the line. We still have Ferran to cover for Yamal. Then while we’re stuck with Fati it’s hard to justify another wider player, but if we could get Felix back on a free loan and another big wage cut he could cover for Nico on the left. A long way to go though and I’ll believe Raphinha is willing to leave when I see it.

So many other players to offload though. Let’s start with Gundogan to Saudi Arabia.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

65 million I would take but that mean relying more heavily on the wonder boy. I’d rather not. Unless they pick up a back up.
There’s the Nico money

LFC should (as we’ve been saying) be getting Equi. Shame if he goes Saudi

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
There’s the Nico money

LFC should (as we’ve been saying) be getting Equi. Shame if he goes Saudi
Not sure Raphinha wants to leave. He is the one the club believes it's easier to sell though.

Read they are also looking into selling Gundogan, but just like with Lewa, I doubt they want to go

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin

Could be worse, but not a big fan of this move. I actually would love to have him at Barca, but all things considered that would be a huge luxury.

Not sure Raphinha wants to leave. He is the one the club believes it's easier to sell though.

Read they are also looking into selling Gundogan, but just like with Lewa, I doubt they want to go

I read at least a week back that Flick was going to talk to Gundogan about his role in the team.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

Agreed about Alvarez, City lost a lot of talent and he got to play what felt like 90%+ of the entire season. Not sure what else Pep could have done there if that report is true...

Are you basing the Merino vs Ruiz fees on the Euros? I ask because the rumours I am seeing is that Merino would be around 40 to 50 million and Ruiz would be less being around 35 to 40 million.

As @Vasilevskiy said, if Raphina was going to leave, it would have happened two seasons ago. All of this seems like a pipe dream for you lot at this point.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Agreed about Alvarez, City lost a lot of talent and he got to play what felt like 90%+ of the entire season. Not sure what else Pep could have done there if that report is true...

Are you basing the Merino vs Ruiz fees on the Euros? I ask because the rumours I am seeing is that Merino would be around 40 to 50 million and Ruiz would be less being around 35 to 40 million.

As @Vasilevskiy said, if Raphina was going to leave, it would have happened two seasons ago. All of this seems like a pipe dream for you lot at this point.

Others like @Vasilevskiy can chime in, but Merino’s been rumored at around 20 million. I could see it go north of that, but not more than 30 million. His contract is up next Summer. Plenty of smoke around him, but as with Nico people will have to wait until he’s back from vacation.

@Duchene2MacKinnon already noted that we sort of need Raphinha. He also came up big for us a few times last season. So not sure we really want to offload him, but if we have choices to make then we understand what needs to be done. We all understand he probably doesn’t want to leave and I’ve noted that for some time.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014

From what I recall, one of the big reasons Barca was top of Gundo's list was that they were willing to give him two years instead of one

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
Others like @Vasilevskiy can chime in, but Merino’s been rumored at around 20 million. I could see it go north of that, but not more than 30 million. His contract is up next Summer. Plenty of smoke around him, but as with Nico people will have to wait until he’s back from vacation.

@Duchene2MacKinnon already noted that we sort of need Raphinha. He also came up big for us a few times last season. So not sure we really want to offload him, but if we have choices to make then we understand what needs to be done. We all understand he probably doesn’t want to leave and I’ve noted that for some time.
Merino always been rumoured for 20-25. More than that is premier League team tax

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Me neither. Even before his remarks I didn't think so.

He's behind Bissouma/Sarr/Maddison/Kulusevski, so 5th choice at best. If it comes down to him and Skipp, they will keep the homegrown guy who can also play at the back. Then you have the star boys Bergvall/Moore/Gray. I think it's time to cash out before he gets hurt again

Paulie Gualtieri

R.I.P. Tony Sirico
May 18, 2016
He's behind Bissouma/Sarr/Maddison/Kulusevski, so 5th choice at best. If it comes down to him and Skipp, they will keep the homegrown guy who can also play at the back. Then you have the star boys Bergvall/Moore/Gray. I think it's time to cash out before he gets hurt again
I think the same thing will happen to him as what happened to Hojbjerg. He will get phased out, with younger players that can be part of the club in the long term, like Gray and Bergvall, getting minutes instead.

Same might be said about Bissouma unless he steps up next season.

Reactions: spintheblackcircle

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I think the same thing will happen to him as what happened to Hojbjerg. He will get phased out, with younger players that can be part of the club in the long term, like Gray and Bergvall, getting minutes instead.

Same might be said about Bissouma unless he steps up next season.

.....and Sarr/Maddison/Kulusevski if Bissouma does step up. So much internal competition.

I can see a world where Maddison struggles and they sell him to an Everton/Leicester/Brenford

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
.....and Sarr/Maddison/Kulusevski if Bissouma does step up. So much internal competition.

I can see a world where Maddison struggles and they sell him to an Everton/Leicester/Brenford
Love how people were pushing Maddison for PL team of the season in 2023, and in 2024 they are ready to flog him to the relegation teams

Reactions: luiginb

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
from what I understand, he is trying to force a move to West Ham through and this is another one of his countless social media antics that have been him trying to, politely, gather the attention of other clubs. He did similar with Chelsea in May/June, and nothing ended up materializing.

I low key really love this move for Bournemouth. 2 outstanding young center backs who have enormous potential.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad