Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
I think it’s pretty absurd that they’re including Orford in the deal. Just pay the extra £5-10M he’s valued at and be done with it. No reason to toss away a U18 captain that grew up West Ham.
Yeah it doesn’t really make sense to do that. Villa want 40m and is that extra 5/10 m you mention worth selling the U18 captain.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
So I guess Castle and those Ruiz rumours were fully bogus:

Ah yes. London is notoriously a warmer climate than Manchester.
I wasn't talking about climate; London has more things to do, more Harrods, more exotic car dealerships, more of a melting pot, more museums, more tattoo shops, a better club scene, more bars, and anything else primadonna footballers fancy in.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I wasn't talking about climate; London has more things to do, more Harrods, more exotic car dealerships, more of a melting pot, more museums, more tattoo shops, a better club scene, more bars, and anything else primadonna footballers fancy in.
Sure. But Alvarez wants to leave City to go to a warm climate, which London, no matter how nice can provide.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Sure. But Alvarez wants to leave City to go to a warm climate, which London, no matter how nice can provide.
30 mins away from Brighton though.

You're right though it does scream I want to leave England. Not sure how many viable options he has. PSG ok and an outside chance of Inter Milan? AC Milan? Atletico? Barca?

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
@Evilo what’s the scouting report on him? Wasn’t he one of the best RB’s in Ligue 1? Member of French NT, seems like a low fee
Yeah but oldie and late bloomer with deficiencies.
Basically he's very interesting at RWB and so so at RB. So he's a system player.
Some OM people said he had attitude problems but I'm frankly doubtful.
He will reunite with his super coach Haise.

Reactions: luiginb

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Monaco just paid almost 18 mil for a 17 mil striker from Antwerp, George Ilenikhena.

Figured someone would be in for him after his goal scoring record last season. And he is French.

This is so not news. His contract was up June 30th and we didn’t re-sign him. Must be a slow day for Romano.

The 9 PSG should go after.

Barca too.

Williams Alvarez Yamal would be pretty fun

Absolutely, but I’d “settle” for Nico.

I don’t see why Juve sold so quickly

Same, not to mention to Roma. Weird transfers between them over the years though.

Also the one Arsenal should be going after.

I’m surprised Arsenal hasn’t gone for Gyokeres.

No they’re stupid more than anything. Going after Olmo and offering 60 million…

@S E P H I heard he accepted a deal from Saudi.

Olmo is a good player, but like you mentioned Cesc, not sure we need him especially for that price.

If the price is right we can’t resist, but for the record the kid never got a fair chance if he’s sold. Would rather sell so many other players before him.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
Real chance this is quoted in years to come, but I feel like Gyokeres screams buyer's regret.

Yeah, I'm a bit wary too, so I'm not too emotionally invested in getting him. But at this point Arteta's earned my trust so whatever he goes with, I'll take it

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Same, not to mention to Roma. Weird transfers between them over the years though.

Olmo is a good player, but like you mentioned Cesc, not sure we need him especially for that price.

If the price is right we can’t resist, but for the record the kid never got a fair chance if he’s sold. Would rather sell so many other players before him.
Juve are just so poorly run.

Agreed on Olmo he’s just not needed. For a cash strapped team it would be fiscally irresponsible for them to sign him.

I agree he didn’t get a fair chance and I wouldn’t mind keeping him but everyone has their price. The little we did see of him I was embarrassed by his technical ability, that’s the biggest reason I’d like for Barca to cash in on him.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Lucho Rodriguez who I remember starring at the U20 World Cup signs for Brazil's Bahia for 11 million. Didn't know Brazilian non-famous clubs were moving that kind of money

Reactions: Gecklund

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
There's been lots of talk connecting us but it seems we're taking things one player at a time rn, plus of course there's plenty of other suitors
If I was going to set a priority list, after Calafiori I would guess Merino is the next one due to the reports by Romano, then Chiesa/RW, and finally a #9. Arsenal got burned big time by Pepe, so I understand if they don't want to spend 60 to 80 million on potentially another one-hit-wonder.

maclean

Jan 4, 2014
If I was going to set a priority list, after Calafiori I would guess Merino is the next one due to the reports by Romano, then Chiesa/RW, and finally a #9. Arsenal got burned big time by Pepe, so I understand if they don't want to spend 60 to 80 million on potentially another one-hit-wonder.

don't forget Nico! :D

(ftr I don't expect us to get him at all, but it would really be a "we've arrived" moment)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Mazraoui can play whenever he gets any sort of consistency but he's always injured. Talented but if I'm a big club I'm not sure why he'd be a priority. There's got to be better options but he can play both LB and RB.

En-Neysri is someone I think bigger clubs are going to regret not scooping up. He's really good. Fenerbahce paid a big price but I think he'll be really good for them.

Edit: LOL, of course Manchester United want Mazraoui. He played for EtH. Man is that club predictable.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad