Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Did anyone outside Chelsea fans actually think that?
@Savant is doing that thing again where he goes boxing with ghosts.

I just searched Slonina and no Chelsea fan ever said anything like this. The closest any came to it was @Peen saying "he's 18 did you think he was gonna walk right in to start?" to - you guessed it - Savant.

Posts from Savant complaining about a hypothetical imaginary Chelsea fan claiming that he was about to be their starter outnumber posts of that nature by an infinity-to-one ratio.

A handful of posts said "well hey we bought Courtois young, sent him off to cook, and he came back and thrived, it would be nice if that happened again."

But this is truly a case of "is the Chelsea fan in the room with us right now" with Savant, yet again.

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Anyway!

Sanchez is not good (before Savant flips his shit, I think every Chelsea fan on the board hated that signing at the time) and I extremely understand Maresca not being a fan.

I like Petrovic, but also understand his limitations. Can understand Maresca not being a fan.

My take on our goalkeeping situation this past year was "we're not close enough to contending for it to be something I feel like we have to fix", but neither our 1A or our 1B is, well, good.

So if Jorgenson is a good keeper with good potential, I don't hate it. But only if the fee is okay and the wages aren't stupid. And please get rid of at least one keeper if you're gonna do it.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
They have Matt Hargreaves too, director of football negotiations.
Yeah, that's the one I kept thinking but forgot the name.
-------------------------------------------------

Looks like United have walked away from Ugarte since PSG refuse to budge on the 70 million euro ask.

Also looks like Mazraoui is off and based on what I've heard the nature of his comments were, probably the better. Inter being interested in AWB is surprising. Rather see him there than at another PL club. Because you just know United wouldn't be creating anything from his side. I can imagine ETH seeing that scenario played out in training numerous times with Rashford, Sancho and Garnacho all being in AWB's pocket.

Last edited:

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Esequiel Barco from River to Spartak Moscow. A pity. I remember when he was supposed to be the next best thing out of Argentina.

Tete from Galata to Panathinaikos

Reactions: gary69

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
@Savant is doing that thing again where he goes boxing with ghosts.

I just searched Slonina and no Chelsea fan ever said anything like this. The closest any came to it was @Peen saying "he's 18 did you think he was gonna walk right in to start?" to - you guessed it - Savant.

Posts from Savant complaining about a hypothetical imaginary Chelsea fan claiming that he was about to be their starter outnumber posts of that nature by an infinity-to-one ratio.

A handful of posts said "well hey we bought Courtois young, sent him off to cook, and he came back and thrived, it would be nice if that happened again."

But this is truly a case of "is the Chelsea fan in the room with us right now" with Savant, yet again.
I didn’t say he needed to be a starter. I said he needed to go somewhere that he would have a legitimate path to be a starter. I was told Chelsea would give him a path. What actually happened in reality was Chelsea signing a keeper in just about every transfer window since. My point was Slonina needed guaranteed games to stay on USA radar and he wasn’t making a smart move to do so. I also said he probably wouldn’t play a meaningful game for Chelsea. And here we are with Chelsea buying yet another goalie

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013

So if Fulham sign Sessegnon, then I believe LFC will be the only PL team not to have signed anyone this summer (yet)

Supposedly we are about to sanction a loan of Danns to Plymouth which would be extraordinarily stupid, unless we are planning on adding another striker; have a lot of wide cover. Do not have a not on center cover. Salah has been playing some 9 in training out of necessity (because no one else is back yet) but at the minimum is not going to be a long term solution there

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I didn’t say he needed to be a starter. I said he needed to go somewhere that he would have a legitimate path to be a starter. I was told Chelsea would give him a path. What actually happened in reality was Chelsea signing a keeper in just about every transfer window since. My point was Slonina needed guaranteed games to stay on USA radar and he wasn’t making a smart move to do so. I also said he probably wouldn’t play a meaningful game for Chelsea. And here we are with Chelsea buying yet another goalie
So much effort to draw Wrexham :D

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Ad

Upcoming events

• Armenia vs Latvia
    Armenia vs Latvia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $135.00
    Event closes