Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Arsenal don’t really seem like they are trying to be a better offensive team, they are just trying to get bigger and more defensive. Wenger would be turning in his grave but maybe it works.
We scored 91 goals in the league last season... so it's not like we're desperate for goals.

This is just the first signing of the summer. Still plenty of time left to bring in another midfielder and a striker/winger. Last summer we bought Havertz before we bought Rice, but it wasn't because Havertz was a bigger need.

Also, the whole "playing with 4 CBs" thing is oversimplifying it. Ben White had 8 G/A last season and 7 G/A the year before. He's either getting forward on the overlap or inverting into midfield constantly. Calafiori may end up in a similar role at LB. I don't think we're buying him to waste his talents, but rather he'll have plenty of opportunity to display his ability to drive forward and/or invert into the midfield.

People seems to have forgotten about Timber. In my eyes he’s still first choice at LB when fully fit. Or do people ruling him out after one major injury?
I'm definitely not ruling him out. He looked good at LB at the start of last season and again with the youth team while rehabbing. But I'll be very happy to bring in another quality versatile defender. Saliba and Gabriel are the foundation and then surround them with whatever combination of White/Timber/Calafiori is available and in form. And all 3 of those guys could play CB if needed too. Hell, White and Timber could play midfield if we really needed them to.

Last edited:

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
7cd67b1c-f5f8-4a5e-a6d7-9e107263c88c_text.gif

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Those de Bryune rumours do not inspire me with much confidence because knowing City they will get 90 million for him and replace him with Xavi Simons or Florian Wirtz. Also, I kind of want Arsenal to beat City when they are fully loaded or their fans will say that the Title didn't mean much because you were only able to beat us without Pep and KdB. That would be infuriating to have to listen to.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
What does KDB need to accomplish at the club level? He's done it all, go cash out
He's already making 20M per year. I said it with Benzema - why go live in Saudi Arabia just so you can earn more money when you've already got over 100M career earnings? He's never going to spend all of that money. His next 5+ generations of grandkids are already set for life.

Reactions: King 88 and luiginb

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
He's already making 20M per year. I said it with Benzema - why go live in Saudi Arabia just so you can earn more money when you've already got over 100M career earnings? He's never going to spend all of that money. His next 5+ generations of grandkids are already set for life.
Because they want to make lots of money without any competition. Can play the game on easy mode. It's a retirement paycheck.

Also, whatever KDB made in his career, take about 60-65% out of that. If he lived like a rich person take 80-85% out of that and that's what he'd have left. You should just assume that anyone who goes to play there thinks they need the money.

gary69

Sep 22, 2004
Then and there
Chelsea finally make their first signing in a position of need - a left footed defender.

That guy is really only 20 years old? Looks older.

Why did Sporting Lissabon let him go a year ago, doesn't often happen that Portuguese teams let youngsters leave cheaply, if they are promising players. And rare to move from Portugal to Switzerland.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad