Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I have been behind in the Euros, so I haven't been chequing anything football-related to not spoil any of the scores, but Arsenal seems quiet as I haven't seen any major notification concerning buys or sells.

The only ones I have seen as a legit rumour the past week have been Calafiori from Bologna, Joan Garcia from Espanyol, and Johan Bakayoko from PSV for buys. For sales, just Lokonga linked to Sevilla and ESR to Fulham.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
I have been behind in the Euros, so I haven't been chequing anything football-related to not spoil any of the scores, but Arsenal seems quiet as I haven't seen any major notification concerning buys or sells.

The only ones I have seen as a legit rumour the past week have been Calafiori from Bologna, Joan Garcia from Espanyol, and Johan Bakayoko from PSV for buys. For sales, just Lokonga linked to Sevilla and ESR to Fulham.

Well I have seen that Zubimendi has no interest in leaving La Real for Arsenal.

KJS14

Jun 13, 2013
Watch Arsenal play him on the left now instead of getting a proper left back.
What do you mean watch them? That’s clearly the plan.
Didn't he mostly play LB prior to Bologna? Seems like he'd be a great fit in the LB/LCB role where he'd play like Ake/Akanji do for City. And I'm sure he'd get minutes at CB so that Saliba and Gabriel don't have to play every single minute.

But let's not rule out Chelsea throwing an extra 20M to Bologna and 50k/week to Calafiori given that we're interested.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Didn't he mostly play LB prior to Bologna? Seems like he'd be a great fit in the LB/LCB role where he'd play like Ake/Akanji do for City. And I'm sure he'd get minutes at CB so that Saliba and Gabriel don't have to play every single minute.

But let's not rule out Chelsea throwing an extra 20M to Bologna and 50k/week to Calafiori given that we're interested.
I mean he played some LB before, but he didn’t breakout until he moved to CB. I understand the vision but also don’t think that he is necessarily worth his transfer fee if he’s not playing CB. The body of evidence is that he is a lot better at CB. But again for Arsenal he will just be a part of their back four with with four CBs so who knows how different it will be. Arteta just going to keep copying Pep, maybe it will work out better this time. Arsenal don’t really seem like they are trying to be a better offensive team, they are just trying to get bigger and more defensive. Wenger would be turning in his grave but maybe it works. Calafiori I guess can play LB, but I don’t think there is evidence that he is as good at LB than like Gvardiol or Ake have shown, but maybe he doesn’t have to be either. Honestly think it’s kind of sad Calafioti is breaking out as a really unique profile CB, and he would go to Arsenal and flush that in the toilet. Honestly, weirdly, think he’s a better fit at Chelsea

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad