Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Liverpool turn down chance to get Anthony Gordon from Newcastle because they don’t want to put Quansah in the deal

Both Newcastle and LFC beats are representing this. Don’t think this is dead in the water yet, but LFC definitely will try to keep Quansah out of the deal. Maybe if they can get Yoro they change their minds but Yoro also isn’t coming so Stay tuned I guess

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Smart move by Liverpool
Yeah - if they can pull this off without Quansah, this is pretty much exactly the player that they need. Said this weeks ago too. If I was Newcastle I’d rather sell Gordon than Minteh. Heck if I’m LFC I’d take Minteh. But yeah - let’s see if anything happens here

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Exactly the opposite. New sporting leadedership, apparently Sir Dave while waiting for Berrada, picks the targets, manager approves.
And the target is… another Dutchman that the manager coached previously. Brilliant and radical thinking from the united management. Truth is de ligt has done next to nothing since leaving the Dutch league. At best his NT 4th and maybe even 5th choice CB. He lost his starting spot with his club team to f***int Davies. He doesn’t start on a team that has oppsmanceo who’s a walking mistake, spurs reject and Kim who hasn’t really been all that great since leaving Napoli. To spend what over 50M on de ligt would be pretty stupid.

Reactions: KJS14 and Evilo

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

And the target is… another Dutchman that the manager coached previously. Brilliant and radical thinking from the united management. Truth is de ligt has done next to nothing since leaving the Dutch league. At best his NT 4th and maybe even 5th choice CB. He lost his starting spot with his club team to f***int Davies. He doesn’t start on a team that has oppsmanceo who’s a walking mistake, spurs reject and Kim who hasn’t really been all that great since leaving Napoli. To spend what over 50M on de ligt would be pretty stupid.
Probably not how much they'd plan on spending. INEOS are very tight with the spending.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Saw that about Gordon. Feel as though Newcastle left this really late if that’s who they’re offloading.

De Ligt won’t be cheap. I don’t think it’ll be so much the transfer fee even with 3 years left on his current deal. It won’t be a drop in the bucket though either. His wages are over 15 million a season. He’s only going to be 25, but he’s not lit the World on fire since leaving Ajax. Bit surprised by the rumor, but United need probably 3 CBs anyway.

Not sure why anyone would pay that sort of money for Greenwood.

Barca is worse at selling players than they are at buying them. It’s worth to take a look at a total ban on the transfer market and rely purely on the La Masia.

Who knows, but I think they want to offload him and his wages. Seems like a tough market.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
For ours sake and theirs I hope Chelsea join Barca on a self imposed ban on buying.
Saw that about Gordon. Feel as though Newcastle left this really late if that’s who they’re offloading.

De Ligt won’t be cheap. I don’t think it’ll be so much the transfer fee even with 3 years left on his current deal. It won’t be a drop in the bucket though either. His wages are over 15 million a season. He’s only going to be 25, but he’s not lit the World on fire since leaving Ajax. Bit surprised by the rumor, but United need probably 3 CBs anyway.

Not sure why anyone would pay that sort of money for Greenwood.

Who knows, but I think they want to offload him and his wages. Seems like a tough market.
Yup agreed on De ligt.

Yeah, it’s enough to just get him off the books just like Lenglet. Still though when I see the likes of sellski and they can get good money on pretty much anything it’s very annoying.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Seeing that PSG made a crazy offer for Yamal, not that I buy that. However, with Kvarawhatever not taking a new deal from Napoli I have to wonder if PSG move for him.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Portugal vs Slovenia
    KNOCKOUT Portugal vs Slovenia
    Wagers: 7
    Staked: $32,249.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Bolivia vs Panama
    Bolivia vs Panama
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $75.00