Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
If the reference is Asensio as a bust and his 38 caps, it's hard to argue Deulofeu isn't, with his 4. Even Ceballos has more than that.

Asensio definitely isn’t a bust, but I wasn’t discussing him. That said, there was a lot of hype surrounding Asensio, a LOT more than ever surrounded Deulofeu, and he didn’t live up to that I’d say. Still, not a bad career and whatever @Scandale du Jour said about him as a squad player or whatever is fair game. Asensio’s “mistake” was signing for Madrid if you ask me, though I doubt he sees it that way.

I just wanted Gavi to feel included

Speaking of making folks feel included, did you hear that Don agreed with a couple of folks around here that Milwaukee is shitty? And yet someone here wonders where I get my analogies.

bluesfan94

Jan 7, 2008
St. Louis
Asensio definitely isn’t a bust, but I wasn’t discussing him.
Right, you just hopped in the middle of a conversation that started with him being discussed. So idk, I guess if you can't pick up on the context of the conversation, you shouldn't then be pedantic about it.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Asensio definitely isn’t a bust, but I wasn’t discussing him. That said, there was a lot of hype surrounding Asensio, a LOT more than ever surrounded Deulofeu, and he didn’t live up to that I’d say. Still, not a bad career and whatever @Scandale du Jour said about him as a squad player or whatever is fair game. Asensio’s “mistake” was signing for Madrid if you ask me, though I doubt he sees it that way.

Speaking of making folks feel included, did you hear that Don agreed with a couple of folks around here that Milwaukee is shitty? And yet someone here wonders where I get my analogies.
Don’t look at me. I didn’t come for MKE

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
Deulofeu waw also done in by injuries, some of them related to his style of play, as he sometimes tries to dribble through everyone. But before his latest injury, which might be the end of his career he had the best season Udinese saw from anyone since the days of Di Natale

Wee Baby Seamus

Yo, Goober, where's the meat?
Mar 15, 2011
Halifax/Toronto
Deulofeu and Asensio had qualitatively different hype (Deulofeu's was the hype of a young teenager ripping up youth levels, whereas Asensio was the hype of a young guy breaking into a first team young and looking the part), but I recall Deulofeu's hype being very very high, similar to Asensio's.
As the 'analogy wonderer', I would happily visit Milwaukee :) almost went to UWis Madison, still haven't visited the great state

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Deulofeu and Asensio had qualitatively different hype (Deulofeu's was the hype of a young teenager ripping up youth levels, whereas Asensio was the hype of a young guy breaking into a first team young and looking the part), but I recall Deulofeu's hype being very very high, similar to Asensio's.

As the 'analogy wonderer', I would happily visit Milwaukee :) almost went to UWis Madison, still haven't visited the great state

I think part of it for me, or my memory, is that Deulofeu came through La Masia which can come with hype. I mean, You just had Romeu and Munir cited in this thread. I also remember Deulofeu hype when he left Barca (even on loan). Asensio on the other hand was at Mallorca at the time and thus had multiple suitors. For me though the hype was different in that Asensio was supposed the Spanish talent.

On a side note, what’s interesting is they have similar stats over the course or their respective careers. Very different careers, but stats are pretty close when you account for everything.

Well there are better places you can visit in the US of course, even in the Midwest I’d say, but WI is a naturally beautiful state. The “Dairy State” is probably a bit misleading. Of course I would imagine the Maritimes are nicer.

les Habs

Sep 21, 2005
Wisconsin
Deulofeu waw also done in by injuries, some of them related to his style of play, as he sometimes tries to dribble through everyone. But before his latest injury, which might be the end of his career he had the best season Udinese saw from anyone since the days of Di Natale

Yes! In fact I’d say he was easily one of the best players in Serie A based on his stats and influence for about a season and a half before he went down. Udinese were in 8th, finished in 11th and then this season, which Deulofeu missed entirely, they weren’t far off relegation. I have him on my middle league fantasy team and I was pissed that FM gave him a downgrade with FM24 simply based on him being injured.

He was never a starter for a top team, but definitely bench worthy or at least a starter for more mid-table side. I thought he might have finally found a home with Udinese, but as you noted his career could be over.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
“Final payment structure for Estêvão Willian will be £33.8 million guaranteed, £16.9 million in easy add ons and £4.2 million in difficult add ons, total: £54.9 million,” he said in a video on his YouTube channel.

“He will be a Chelsea player and sign until 2032, the plan is first team.”

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
To nobody's surprise Atalanta made De Ketalaere's loan from Milan permanent for 22 mil, another piece of bad business by the red devils.

Also Girona paid 12 mil for Sparta's 25yo center back Krejci.

PSG got Safronov, best Russian gk in the game right now for 20 mil, wonder what that means for Dollaruma

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
To nobody's surprise Atalanta made De Ketalaere's loan from Milan permanent for 22 mil, another piece of bad business by the red devils.

Also Girona paid 12 mil for Sparta's 25yo center back Krejci.

PSG got Safronov, best Russian gk in the game right now for 20 mil, wonder what that means for Dollaruma
Probably means nothing for Donnarumma. Feels like his is just taking Keylor Neves spot. Not sure if Arnau Tenas sticks around but also not sure how good he is

Reactions: les Habs

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad