Transfer: 2024 Summer Transfer Window - Open Window Discussion

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Lol. Dortmund is happy to pay 30 million for freaking Nmecha but couldn't get this done.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
- Arsenal going to put in a 70 million pound bid for Osimhen, they are not willing to pay his release clause. Napoli wants a lot of money because supposedly Lille has a sell-on clause but no word how much it is.

I reckon this will be an entire season type of transfer lol.

- More rumours of Doue to Arsenal as well.

- A lot of rumours of Kiwior going back to Serie A, if that happens Arsenal wants Guehi to replace him.
I'm a fan, but yeah he's a number 10. Sub for Havertz.
Thanks!

Last edited:

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Saw that. Not sure who else y’all would be interested in though. Matty Cash?

Massive for Villa. Emery often had the team attack up the left side with the RB (usually Konsa last year) forming a sort of 3 at the back. Maatsen is an incredible talent at LB for that type of system, miles ahead of Digne and Moreno.

And while Fab says that about Duran, I don’t see how anyone else fits what Chelsea always target - U23 players with massive potential.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Chelsea bailed on Maatsen because they thought he was too small. Let’s see if they are right or Villa is right

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
Massive for Villa. Emery often had the team attack up the left side with the RB (usually Konsa last year) forming a sort of 3 at the back. Maatsen is an incredible talent at LB for that type of system, miles ahead of Digne and Moreno.

And while Fab says that about Duran, I don’t see how anyone else fits what Chelsea always target - U23 players with massive potential.
yep. Figure that one of Moreno or Digne is off now (and maybe both if the Illing Jr move goes through). Wonder if another RB comes in as well if Cash is off.

And completely agree, I assume it has to be Duran, no one else would make sense unless Chelsea is about to drop ~60m on Jacob Ramsey

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
yep. Figure that one of Moreno or Digne is off now (and maybe both if the Illing Jr move goes through). Wonder if another RB comes in as well if Cash is off.

And completely agree, I assume it has to be Duran, no one else would make sense unless Chelsea is about to drop ~60m on Jacob Ramsey
There’s the RB that played for Red Star that the team bought in the January window, but he’s only 18, so I would think a loan is more likely.

Reactions: JPBolts

luiginb

Aug 23, 2007
Barcelona
I hope Cherki goes to PSG because it opens a spot for Dennis Man on Lyon, apparently they're linked to him. It would be a reason for me to keep watching Ligue 1 now that Mbappe is gone.

JPBolts

Jun 21, 2019
There’s the RB that played for Red Star that the team bought in the January window, but he’s only 18, so I would think a loan is more likely.
yeah I hope he gets some opportunities in the first team this year but who knows.

another swap deal to help with PSR! YAY!

mfilipo3

Jan 13, 2017

Guy had an amazing season. Smart signing but Brest will be ridiculous in the CL.

What’s the scouting report on him? Milan had been linked with him since winter mercato. Seems to have come out of nowhere to have a brilliant season with Brest team punching above their weight

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Just realized he is only 20 still.

Do you think he reaches the potential and expectation people put on him when he was 17?
It's hard to say but I believe he can. He's still arguably one of the most talented player to play the game.
You can also check the box scores but Lyon turned games around as soon as he stepped foot on the pitch as a sub.
With talented players around him he could be unstoppable.

What’s the scouting report on him? Milan had been linked with him since winter mercato. Seems to have come out of nowhere to have a brilliant season with Brest team punching above their weight
Basically yes. He's been a defensive tower, on the ground or in the air he is everywhere and we'll positioned.
I basically never noticed him before this year and it's totally right to doubt him after a year.

Peen

Rejoicing in a Benning-free world
Oct 6, 2013
Reactions: Blender

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Damn that’s a coup. Enzo is younger and has a higher ceiling than Mck.

Chelsea can f*** off. Is the is Felix guy any credible?
He’s one of those ITKs, but I’d say he’s one of the better ones that isn’t engagement farming.

The honest answer is only Ornstein is truly batting 100%. Buut the names these guys throw around tend to end up getting mentioned by Fabrizio, etc

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Anselmino was rumoured yesterday from the fringes of Argentina sources. So they’re probably piggy backing off that. Such a shame he’s not ready to make this type of move especially not to f***ing Chelsea.

Along with Palacios he’s probably the best CB they have in terms of prospects until Escudero comes in to the scene anyway

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Lol. Dortmund is happy to pay 30 million for freaking Nmecha but couldn't get this done.

Rothe did kill it in BuLi2 last season...but yeah, that's rough. Even if I think Nmecha will be a lot better in year 2 than he was in year 1.

Peen

Oct 6, 2013
Front the early look of all rumored deals, it seems like Chelsea will sign another 20 players again this summer. At which point, is it considered too many?
No one knows what they will do with prospects other than sign a bunch but they have the club world cup and conference league, so we do need to run a large squad.

Olise (or alternative), a ST, a LB (whether inverted or someone to drop into a back 3 is yet to be known), a CB, and a GK for the first team seems likely.

Need competition for Jackson with Broja being sold.

There was a report yesterday about Chelsea still being open to selling Cucurella hoping that his recent form may cause interest that was previously not there given his wages. Chilwell has also been bad for about 18 months now so you can see why they’d want to make a shake up.

CB - Thiago Silva sized hole.

There have been rumours that Maresca is content with Sanchez. I hope that is untrue.

I think all of this makes a lot of sense in theory, but it’s fully dependent on who they sign to put in those spots.

Last edited:

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
No one knows what they will do with prospects other than sign a bunch but they have the club world cup and conference league, so we do need to run a large squad.

Olise (or alternative), a ST, a LB (whether inverted or someone to drop into a back 3 is yet to be known), a CB, and a GK for the first team seems likely.

Need competition for Jackson with Broja being sold.

There was a report yesterday about Chelsea still being open to selling Cucurella hoping that his recent form may cause interest that was previously not there given his wages. Chilwell has also been bad for about 18 months now so you can see why they’d want to make a shake up.

CB - Thiago Silva sized hole.

There have been rumours that Maresca is content with Sanchez. I hope that is untrue.

I think all of this makes a lot of sense in theory, but it’s fully dependent on who they sign to put in those spots.
Bringing in Tosin, and then still complaining about CB holes is proper Chels.

Chelsea will keep hoarding assets, because teams are afraid to close loopholes that might help them later.

If you are player you go to Chelsea because you know the checks will clear. There’s no way anyone goes to Chelsea for any reason other than them being in London and getting long term contracts.

And eventually it will work for a year or two and we go back in the same cycle

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad