Olympics: 2024 Summer Olympics-Paris

Ben Grimm

It's clobberin time!🥊
Dec 10, 2007
ATL
If I wanted to make someone completely unable to defend themselves, I would train them to become a black belt in Taekwondo.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I don't know about the rest of you, but I absolutely loved these Olympic Games.

I followed every sport and competition I could live, no matter the ungodly hours - and had so much fun cheering on Canadian athletes. I think I got to see all but 2 or 3 of our medal wins live.

I think overall it was a spectacular Olympics for fans. I can't wait for the next one in 2 years.

One disappointment is on the injury side - as a huge fan of sprinting, it would have been fun if everyone was 100% healthy. Notably - DeGrasse has some sort of hamstring injury and wasn't 100%, Lyles got covid and wasn't 100% in the 200M nor able to compete in the relay - and Jamaica had way too many injuries, especially on the women's side. I know there are others too - but those 3 jumped out for me.

Still - fantastic overall. I hope the rest of you enjoyed it too.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
I really really enjoyed it, but I think since the last summer games was during Covid without fans, the mere presence of fans amped things up exponentially.

And that has a lot to do with the French. The atmosphere seemed electric, I loved how they chanted during the breast stroke every time their compatriots came out of the water. I think they did great

Last edited:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
I think these games have been great from start to finish. There has definitely been a great atmosphere thanks to the French crowds (not all French of course). Some of the highlights for me:

- Kristin Faulkner's surprise win in the women's road race, and then getting gold as part of the women's 4000m team pursuit.

- Men's 4 winning gold in rowing (with two rowers from the Philadelphia area)

- US women get gold and silver in the individual foil, and then gold again in the team foil

- Remco Evenepoel becoming the first man to ever win both the road race and time trial at the same Olympics

- Steph Curry, enough said

- US women's soccer team getting a surprising gold.

- Sydney McLaughlin Lavrone

- Gabby Thomas

- US women 4 x 400 m relay

- Ryan Crouser

There have been other great moments but those come to mind as things I'll remember from these games.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think these games have been great from start to finish. There has definitely been a great atmosphere thanks to the French crowds (not all French of course). Some of the highlights for me:

- Kristin Faulkner's surprise win in the women's road race, and then getting gold as part of the women's 4000m team pursuit.

- Men's 4 winning gold in rowing (with two rowers from the Philadelphia area)

- US women get gold and silver in the individual foil, and then gold again in the team foil

- Remco Evenepoel becoming the first man to ever win both the road race and time trial at the same Olympics

- Steph Curry, enough said

- US women's soccer team getting a surprising gold.

- Sydney McLaughlin Lavrone

- Gabby Thomas

- US women 4 x 400 m relay

- Ryan Crouser

There have been other great moments but those come to mind as things I'll remember from these games.
Katie Ledecky, most decorated

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
GUpjocNbcAAP7It

Reactions: Tasty Biscuits

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
Raygun won the WDSF Oceania Championship, that's how.

default.png

I honestly don't understand all the backlash. I heard about it past few days and so I rewatched her match and it didn't look that bad....didn't jump out vs the competitor or anything.

She wasn't great or anything - but then again Im' not a fan of breaking.

• Haha
Reactions: Nogatco Rd

Stylizer1

Teflon Don
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
I honestly don't understand all the backlash. I heard about it past few days and so I rewatched her match and it didn't look that bad....didn't jump out vs the competitor or anything.

She wasn't great or anything - but then again Im' not a fan of breaking.
by break dancing standards she was turrible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad