GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Plus we already knew this because they've mentioned it at least three times starting with the end of season press conference.
In most of my posts on the subject I suggest that we should be taking this group at their word in terms of how they see the rebuild progressing.
I agree, it's why I'm surprised some people seem perplexed or mad that we didn't make any big signings. This management group has been clear that this free agency isn't the year they are going all in. They will make moves that enhance, not hinder our rebuild.

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
As I realise the years of cheering for the tank years on this board are nearing their end, I must trigger auto-destruction as I feel my mission is done.

View attachment 891015

This is my last sacrifice, have a good summer everyone and must my ban signals the start of a new stage in Habs land and the relief of my shitposting.

Adios amigos.
Looks like the tank is still on, until further notice.

EXPOS123

Jun 29, 2010
I knew we weren’t going to sign anyone, but I honestly expected a trade for one of Necas, Zegras, or McGroarty.

We had the picks, prospects and cap space to make it happen.

I’d be shocked if we still manage to pull it off

As for next year. Im not concerned with making the playoffs - I fully expected the rebuild to be at least 3-4 years minimum.. I just want top end drafting and player development to finally take shape after years of ineptitude and it’s slowly but surely happening.

My bigger concern for next year is overall team toughness. size and physicality

We still have too many smurfs ( and inexplicably added another one today) and the ones that do have size are either soft as butter, chicken shit or injury prone.

My fear is that we are gonna get crushed on too many nights.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Let's check in on Bolts fans

1000005555.jpg
1000005556.jpg

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
I'd take Wennberg for two years if I could get him.
I liked him a lot in Seattle's playoff run and he wasn't the Rangers worst player either.
He'll give you solid third line minutes put up about 35 points in an 82 game year.
That would put him 6th on our scoring list.
That list isn’t close to accurate :laugh:

• Love
Reactions: Rapala

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
Anderson does not fight or protect teammates anymore.
I mean, no one does anymore. Which top teams have guys that regularly fight? There were 4 fights all playoffs ffs.

Is you expectation that he fights like it's 1988? Fighting is absolutely stupid, and this is coming from a guy that has 20+ fights on the ice.

Also, here is a clip of Anderson fighting, he is a bit wild but a legit threat, fwiw:

Reactions: themilosh

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
I mean, no one does anymore. Which top teams have guys that regularly fight? There were 4 fights all playoffs ffs.

Is you expectation that he fights like it's 1988? Fighting is absolutely stupid, and this is coming from a guy that has 20+ fights on the ice.

Also, here is a clip of Anderson fighting, he is a bit wild but a legit threat, fwiw:

I am saying he does nothing to protect teammates any more. Xhekaj and Pezzetta do.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad