GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Hughes made it very very clear without naming names. If he had matched the length then he would have signed a guy for the top 6 but it’s not the time. I am assuming it’s marchessault

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
KH says create a great enjoinment for these young players to develop.

which means this team has to suck till all these stupid contracts are done
that will really make a great time for Suz, CC, Slaf, Dach, to suck again for 2 years

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I get that, so we have a team that sucks again, frustrate the young guys we have, because we have to.
just pisses me off
Yeah it sucks. Bergevin left the team in a really bad situation + losing Price didn't help. HuGo were hired to clean the mess and rebuild. Glad we have smart and patient men leading this operation, this is exactly what is needed.

Reactions: Habs13

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
You should be happy the team entered this day with a set of strict criteria on the kind of deals they were willing to hand out and didn't diverge from that out of panic or a urge to please/look active.
I am happy with the draft and not signing huge UFA guys today for sure.

I am getting sick of lip service on the trading picks and d men that KH keeps saying he is willing to make deals.
but hey I am a fan that hates the bottom 5 for the next 2 years again. oh well

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad