GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Hell yeah and a 3rd line of Dvorak, Anderson and Gallagher! Let the good times roll!

I’m not sure why you’re surprised by this, Hughes is not going to panic and sign a bunch of players and block his prospects from filling spots.

Next year is going to be the final tank year, and it always was going to be.

HabsEstrie

Sep 30, 2017
Another year of tanking it looks like, which is fine. Another top5 draft pick next year will help, we should be battling for a top 3 as everyone else got better but Montreal and Anaheim
All I know is Dach will be there. Pretty damn good 2nd center. And it’s guaranteed that KH will trade for someone like Laine
Then let the youngish fight it out on defense
I’m excited to see what guys like Hutson can bring. There is no way he starts in Laval.

Reactions: Habs

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
I’m not sure why you’re surprised by this, Hughes is not going to panic and sign a bunch of players and block his prospects from filling spots.

Panic? How long are we going to f***ing rebuild? The Sharks and Hawks have both added talent to their rosters. Surrounding their franchise players, what are we doing? Going for Hagens again? Suzukis about to be 30 years old and we won't start competing lol.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I’m not upset that we didn’t sign an older player. Let the kids play.
The smart money had us continuing with our evaluation and that requires kids playing in roles that may even be above their station.
It's the support element of the process that needed to be addressed. We all knew it could be challenge given our contracts situation.
If we get help it was always more likely to come from a trade IMO.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas

Not surprised just frustrated a bit for having seen this once great franchise pick top 5 for three straight years. I do believe Hughes and Gorton have a plan.

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Corey Perry is one dedicated mofo

Guy probably makes that when the s&p has a green day
The mental fortitude of this guy is insane. I would have retire after playing so many playoff game and losing so many time in the final. His body is full of scar and injury. A true warrior. I loved him with the Habs.

Wish him good luck for next year.

Reactions: Team_Spirit

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
I would tend to agree but his patience has been rewarded in situations like this in the past

He shouldn't have any issue in moving McGro. But dicking around could cause damage elsewhere for Winterpeg, they already struggle in talent retention, they don't need a classless rep on top of that.

ReimanSum1908

Feb 23, 2012
Montreal
So we don't do anything? Lomberg at 2x2, Lafferty, etc... Come on. Still the same shitty ass bottom 6.
Well our bottom six includes Anderson, the skating corpse of Gallagher (god rest his departed soul), and Dvorak. There's no room for additions when we're shelling out that much money.

Our competitive window opens when those dead weight contracts conclude.

• Haha
Reactions: GrandmaCookie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad