GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Literally a tax accountant could do it in a minute, you take the average tax across the entire league, then each team gets a credit or a deduct from the cap. When it was just Canadian teams it wasnt a problem but now that the northern us teams are getting screwed it’ll be a bigger problem. Especially when those southern us teams also get transfers from the rich northern teams. You better believe the owners are going to be bitching about it soon

ould I
At the same time, how do you account for the difference between the Canadian and US dollar? While they get taxed more here, their money is also worth 30% more.

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Exactly. The same people losing their minds that KH hasn’t signed some vet to some ridiculous contract are the same people whining KH can’t deal the ridiculous contracts he inherited.

Rinse. Repeat.

For f*** sake. Kevin Hayes has been dangled twice in the past 12 months. We have a gazillion in cap space and tons of draft picks to retain salary and/or sweeten the pot.

Stop finding excuses for these guys "being stuck with horrible contracts".

Nashville had Turris Johansen and Duchene signed long term a couple of years ago and this never stopped them from being agressive and retooling their roster.

Y'all be giving WAY too much leash to these guys. It's going to be the 4th lottery pick in a row we have.

At some point fans will have enough and it's completely normal.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Literally a tax accountant could do it in a minute, you take the average tax across the entire league, then each team gets a credit or a deduct from the cap. When it was just Canadian teams it wasnt a problem but now that the northern us teams are getting screwed it’ll be a bigger problem. Especially when those southern us teams also get transfers from the rich northern teams. You better believe the owners are going to be bitching about it soon
How do you account for differentiating loopholes in the US? There’s a myriad of then depending on which state

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Most of the people here aren't upset that Montreal didn't sign Marchessault, or someone like that.

They're upset that this management looks like another group who doesn't want to believe that you need toughness in the NHL, or AHL.

Just get a nice depth piece, or two and the just bury 1, or 2 that are already on the Habs

Ieatsht4brkfst

Mar 22, 2024
I see more people whining about people whining about no moves than people whining about making no moves, people just want incremental improvement and a move to keep the good vibes going, perception to your younger players is important and they want to feel like things are moving as well, they prob want moves more than the fans do

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
How do you account for differentiating loopholes in the US? There’s a myriad of then depending on which state
Just stop it with the loop holes. The deductions at source can and should be equalized loop holes be damned.
We aren't talking about crafty sleazy or downright crooked accountants that comes after the fact anyways.
Want to recoup on the taxes do it at the end of the tax year end of story.

DrBizz4r3

Oct 5, 2020
Samuel Blais is still available. Slow but still young, tough. Offensive 1 season out of two. I wouldn't be against (i still believe that we go on the trade avenue)

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
For f*** sake. Kevin Hayes has been dangled twice in the past 12 months. We have a gazillion in cap space and tons of draft picks to retain salary and/or sweeten the pot.

Nashville had Turris Johansen and Duchene signed long term a couple of years ago and this never stopped them from being agressive and retooling their roster.

Y'all be giving WAY too much leash to these guys. It's going to be the 4th lottery pick in a row we have.

I think the last point you make is already happening. I'm 32 years old and it really feels like people my age and younger don't give a f*** about the Canadiens and haven't given a f*** about them in a long time besides the Cup run. They def feel like an old people hobby and a habit more than anything else.

Whenever I'm shooting the shit with people my age it's always about NBA/NFL/European soccer than the NHL. I've certainly had a ton more fun following the Ravens (I have no ties to Baltimore) than the Canadiens for a while now. I'm going to fly there for a game this year. Unless my nephew wants to catch a game I have little incentive to actually go to the Bell Center. And even the IRL friends I used to follow the Habs with have all fallen off when it comes to Habs talk because of a combination of they suck/they're not fun to follow and my time is more limited than it used to be so I'll do something else.

Habby4Life

Nov 12, 2008

Nothing normal about some Hab fans! The complain about not signing washed up vets EVERY year, lol.

Long leash because Hugo is doing this the correct way. Build the core through youth and let other teams handicap themselves with old washed up junk contracts. I'm confident Hugo will improve this team this summer via trade.

• Haha
Reactions: Kents polished head

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Kent today

IMG_1715.jpeg

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
So who have Florida lost and added today? Hopefully after back to back cup final runs and losing some depth they take a good sized step back next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad