GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
Tarasenko
Skinner
Duclair

Best short term options left for offensive UFA help.
Tarasenko for sure would be my target in that group with Demidov in the organization. Give him 3/4 years to get the overlap.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
They are aware of the plan.

The summer is also not done. Hughes is smart keeping away from all the overpayments of July 1st.

I think we'll get someone for the 2nd line on a short term deal.

Skinner, Tarasenko, Henrique, Wennberg, Pacioretty....
Skinner - soft, small, doesn't do defense.

Tarasenko - interesting.

Henrique - old and not a top 6 player.

Wennberg - wouldn't trust him in a top 6 role.

Pacioretty - gets hurt a lot and wouldn't trust him to be healthy.

Habs likely have to go the trade route and from what Basu said, the Habs aren't getting what they fell their shitty d are worth and the league is aware of the waiver squeeze coming up.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018
Tarasenko I was all for it last year, he lost a bit of his jam but wouldn’t be a bad add for a season and a trade at the deadline.

Gives the team secondary scoring.

I’d take Lyubushkin and role players up front to add a bit of jam. It’s a long season and we got some small players all around the line up.

I know we need to leave some space for Roy/Heinemann, but you need to bring some things in and show some respect to the players on the ice

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Except for the fact that Anderson is not a 40 points guy.

28 years old Debrusk

0.296 gpg and 0.572 ppg (15:47 TOI)

28 years old Anderson

0.260 gpg and 0.44 ppg (15:49 TOI)

There's a pretty significant difference between 0.572 ppg and 0.44 ppg. The fact people still overrate Anderson is crazy to me. Debrusk is a legitimate 2nd line player. Anderson never was outside of one season "au chalet".

Also Anderson signed a few years ago and back then 5.5 millions was a higher $ of the cap. It's more like 6 millions today.

You fixated on the wrong part of the post.

Debrusk will be a bad deal and they will regret it.

Signing him for 7 years at 5.5 million would have been dumb.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
What rebuild was complete in 3 years?

This is an unintentional strawman.

I'm not talking about the rebuild being over. I'm not saying playoffs or bust. I'm asking for games to mean a little more for the benefit of young core. Getting help is meant to HELP THEM. Wouldn't it be nice for Demidov to come to a team in better shape than the one that drafted him?

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Arpon Basu reported late last year that 'young veterans' were starting to be concerned about all the losing and that they didn't want to be Buffalo/Ottawa.

The summer is not done, sure, but we've had no indication that HuGo are looking to do something concrete. A 4th straight season of just getting our asses whooped isn't a positive in any shape or form. How deflating is that if you're Suzuki/Caufield?

We weren't getting whooped. The majority of our games we lost by one goal, and we were 2nd in loser points.

We led the league in one goal losses.

We were either losing 2-1 or 3-2 in regulation or having games tied at the end of regulation then losing in OT.

Adding a bit of offense could help turn some those losses into wins.

MadMslm

Jun 16, 2018

Tarasenko - interesting.

Habs likely have to go the trade route and from what Basu said, the Habs aren't getting what they fell their shitty d are worth and the league is aware of the waiver squeeze coming up.

Forgot about Henrique, he would be a good addition too, experience and can slide in multiple roles if injuries hit the team.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
If Kent manages to trade for Laine, does that put pressure on Caufield as the #1 option on the PP?

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Catching up after driving for the last hour and really Zucker 1x5 and Perron 2x4.4 are the only guys I'm moderately disappointed we didn't land. Glad we're not getting into a bidding war for 5 years of term on Marchessault or Monahan.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Tarasenko - interesting.

1-2 years deal as a placeholder, who cares if Skinner can't do D.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
We weren't getting whooped. The majority of our games we lost by one goal, and we were 2nd in loser points.

We led the league in one goal losses.

We were either losing 2-1 or 3-2 in regulation or having games tied at the end of regulation then losing in OT.

Adding a bit of offense could help turn some those losses into wins.

I mean whooped in the sense that we were a bottom feeder. We sucked and everyone thinks we suck league-wide. That's not a good rep to uphold for years on end.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad