GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Well Listen, the 3rd line is not what it used to be.. we are talking about a top9 with this team. The ideal case for me would be Debrusk and McGoarty. Which fixes your top 9 for years to come. Then cross your fingers that Tuch and Xhekaj can make it on a 4th line.

Slaf-Suzuki-Caufield
DeBrusk-Dach-Demidov
McGoarty-Newhook-Roy

Would be a Solid top 9 in my opinion.
Where's Hage going to play?

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Necas, Zegras and McGroaty, etc. still haven’t moved. I suspect market will shrink a little once FA dust settles. Any of these types of players would be a better option then an old FA and I think that’s who Habs should target.

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Still hoping they get Perron on board, but tbh, unlike in previous years where UFA day was our only hope to get better, it doesn't matter much now. All the improvements will come from the pipeline. Maybe trades because the team has a ton of picks they can monetize. The plan is clear. UFAs will be a very small part of it, if any. Maybe only some veteran depth on short contracts.

Given we are stuck with Anderson and Gally for a few years still, those are the de facto vet contracts on offense. Can't add too many more.

Simarino

Oct 21, 2009
Dont force anything today. I would go short terms on Duclair or Arvidsson as a stop gap and try to sign a right D. If its not possible than try to make trades instead

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Necas, Zegras and McGroaty, etc. still haven’t moved. I suspect market will shrink a little once FA dust settles. Any of these types of players would be a better option then an old FA and I think that’s who Habs should target.

Necas for Zegras and let baby McGrow f***ing rot in college.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Lomberg and Robertson would make this roster considerably better.

I guess we're happy not doing anything while everyone else makes moves though. If this was a Bergevin summer people would be out in the streets lol. Say what you want but Chantal Machabée is Goebbels level of genius at propaganda.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Dont force anything today. I would go short terms on Duclair or Arvidsson as a stop gap and try to sign a right D. If its not possible than try to make trades instead
I see a problem: They aren't in need of stop gaps, unless they get rid of some of their current contracts. That's the issue with all these proposals. It's the same on D. So I expect today will be a quiet period in Montreal which will last until teams are interested in patching up their builds by acquiring some of our pieces.

It may also never happen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad