Confirmed with Link: 2024 Buffalo Sabres Development Camp (July 1-4), 3-on-3 games July 4th

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
A bit of a tangent, but I’m really not fond of the two tiered prospect system they have going on. I think they should get rid of the ice portion and have a short orientation for your various HR things, sports nutrition, and do their physical testing for everybody. But I don’t like the idea that they’ve already set aside people who this is above And don’t have to put in that work. That’s the opposite of what they should be doing in my opinion. I don’t like this and it continues to Foster. The idea that they’re not serious about actual competition for roster spots. They’re going to continue to allow certain players to do certain things instead of organically allowing Talent to rise. There’s a reason why they don’t have grinders come up in their own system. They don’t actually draft them and they don’t try to develop them as competition for their first round draft picks.

There is no reason that a team that went out in the first round of the AHL playoffs should have people exempt from participating in this. Mair talked about it being mostly about building relationships. OK, why the f*** aren’t all of the players here? Why is Komarov’s teammate here but he’s not here?

In a world where I understand some of what they do, they are just way too many things that I don’t agree with organizationally. This is another.

MeenOlViks

May 25, 2015
A bit of a tangent, but I’m really not fond of the two tiered prospect system they have going on. I think they should get rid of the ice portion and have a short orientation for your various HR things, sports nutrition, and do their physical testing for everybody. But I don’t like the idea that they’ve already set aside people who this is above And don’t have to put in that work. That’s the opposite of what they should be doing in my opinion. I don’t like this and it continues to Foster. The idea that they’re not serious about actual competition for roster spots. They’re going to continue to allow certain players to do certain things instead of organically allowing Talent to rise. There’s a reason why they don’t have grinders come up in their own system. They don’t actually draft them and they don’t try to develop them as competition for their first round draft picks.

There is no reason that a team that went out in the first round of the AHL playoffs should have people exempt from participating in this. Mair talked about it being mostly about building relationships. OK, why the f*** aren’t all of the players here? Why is Komarov’s teammate here but he’s not here?

In a world where I understand some of what they do, they are just way too many things that I don’t agree with organizationally. This is another.
Not very economic or efficient

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
I'm afraid that most of these prospects we have could end up as pumpkins or lose value. We have so many prospects that most of them won't have a roster spot in a few years. I remember when LA had the number one prospect pool of all the teams and most of them disappeared or went broke, they kept them in the AHL and didn't give them a chance in the NHL. It's probably time to trade a few of them to get the parts you need for your lineup.

jc17

Jun 14, 2013

Where is this info, didn't know it was a thing

KeyserSoze81

Mar 1, 2007
Rochester, NY
I'm afraid that most of these prospects we have could end up as pumpkins or lose value. We have so many prospects that most of them won't have a roster spot in a few years. I remember when LA had the number one prospect pool of all the teams and most of them disappeared or went broke, they kept them in the AHL and didn't give them a chance in the NHL. It's probably time to trade a few of them to get the parts you need for your lineup.
There's a simple concept in economics for the marginal product of labor (ie the output gained from adding an additional worker). Eventually, the returns begin to diminish as you add additional labor, and at a certain level, it actually becomes negative. A simple example is an assembly operation - eventually people are going to start bumping into one another and actually slow down the entire operation to the point that adding an additional worker will result in less output.

The assets in the Sabres system are currently diminished by the sheet number of competing prospects. There are diminished returns for each additional pick that they add, as it just crowds the system even more. This is not a perfect analogy, as development is never assured, and some competition is always good. But too much will just undermine the entire operation and result in lost value.

Reactions: Fjordy

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
1000010884.jpg

Word is Helenius looked great and could be our 3C next season
Where are you seeing this? He looked solid but I didn't see an NHLer yet. Like at all.

Just one practice, but his development timeline might be longer than I figured (especially if we want to avoid Girgensonsing him).

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Where are you seeing this? He looked solid but I didn't see an NHLer yet. Like at all.

Just one practice, but his development timeline might be longer than I figured (especially if we want to avoid Girgensonsing him).
Hamilton said he could be like Benson last season.

HOOats

born Ruffian
Nov 19, 2007
City of Buffalo
Other notes:

Neuchev was the most noticeable player by a fair margin. He's as electric as ever.

Kleber is bigggg and mobile. He hit a guy into Leinonen in a drill and they both went flying.

Speaking of Leinonen, he spends more time laying on the ice than any G I've seen. Goldberg style. He does look like he's shedding the baby fat at least.

Goalies were getting lit up all day.

Brunet might have some more offense to give still. I liked him.

Helenius is heavy on his stick. Shot was better than I expected. Had a tendency to look down at the puck in traffic.

sabres4ever

Yes, have some!
Jun 5, 2006
Virginia
IMG_1715.jpg

Top Row - Gare, Adams, Pegula
Bottom Row - Forton, Nightingale, Jakubowski?, Karmanos

Who's the third from the left, bottom row?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad