GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Nothing of value will be worth discussing today for Habs fans. Management might attempt to fix the bottom six by bringing in some third liners, but Armia, Dvo, Gallagher and Anderson are so hard to get rid of, that it's not feasible. I would target guys like Toffoli, Monahan, Marchessault, Perron, Tarasenko, Teravainen or DeBrusk. They can then work the numbers and buy-out a Gallagher for example, bury Armia and Dvo in the minors.
Armia was amongst our best player last year, not going in the minors.

Amongst those names I'd rather take back Monahan than anything else. We know he's a top 6 forward.

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
It'd be nice to see Monahan back, he's worked well with the young guys and I just like his game besides.

Understand if he finds a longer term deal elsewhere and pulls the trigger though, he's clawed his way back after a tough go of things with injuries.

Reactions: Redux91 and Tyson

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
That's why you sell him high, but as you can see he's still here....lol. Nobody wants him.

Yes and about 20 mil in cap.
Oh yeah I don't doubt nobody wants him. If there was ever a time for a trade it would have been last year.

Although at this point I 100% prefer keeping him. We'd get what a 3rd pick for him? If he can play like he did last year for a full year he could get 20 goals and maybe 40 pts.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Prepare for something similar since Laval need a few AHL vets.

The Habs themselves need to jettison more players before adding more.
Yes, Dvo, Anderson, Gallagher and Armia need to go. Fortunately, 2 of them are off the books next yr. Price in 2 yrs and the other 2 are gone 3 yrs from now. Least to say, the BargainBin crippled the team.

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
Oh yeah I don't doubt nobody wants him. If there was ever a time for a trade it would have been last year.

Although at this point I 100% prefer keeping him. We'd get what a 3rd pick for him? If he can play like he did last year for a full year he could get 20 goals and maybe 40 pts.
I doubt he gets 20. I say 10 goals max. Not even a 3rd to be honest. I see a project prospect coming back who is simply not panning out.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Why Roslovic?
He's an excellent skater, has some offensive flair and should be a player that can be acquired at a reasonable salary. Roslovic would be an upgrade over some of the players that now infest our bottom 2.5 lines.

Reinhardt and guentzel are signing the same contract lmao

I know which one I would like to have
Neither at that cost and duration.

Reactions: McGuires Corndog

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018
It'd be nice to see Monahan back, he's worked well with the young guys and I just like his game besides.

Understand if he finds a longer term deal elsewhere and pulls the trigger though, he's clawed his way back after a tough go of things with injuries.
I would definately like to see Monahan back. They can re-sell him for another first. That would be 3 firsts for this guy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad