Kitchener Rangers 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part 2)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
So the Rangers will hold the rights to five imports players, post import draft?

Mesar - OA import rule.
Sale - NHL draft rule
Pobezal.
Two draft picks.

The only way I can see this happening is if one of their picks is already NHL drafted?
Pobezal Didn’t report after being drafted so they get some time with that, but he’ll have to be released this September if not in the roster.

They get two more picks thou

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
He was one of my favourite players but I hate to say this but Motew is not a Ranger. He was an OA last year. Great to see him get an NHL tryout but I thought I would clarify. The article makes it sound like this years team will be missing 11 players due to camp but Motew ain't coming back no matter what.
Hey Geo!......once a Ranger always a Ranger! :naughty:

Reactions: GeoBlue

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Plays for the same team as last year Rangers draft pick T.Pobezal and his father is the GM of the team so I doubt he will come to NA.

Jives

Jan 6, 2018
Looks like a good skilled player. I imagine MM does everything possible to get him over to play this season.

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
Very good player. Wish he was a 2007 and not a 2006. Drafted 3rd round to St. Louis last week.
Age doesn’t matter really. There’ll be future import drafts to fill import spot(s) for 26-27.

Hope he comes. We need a respectable 25-26 team as well as 26-27.

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
Liked the picks made today by the team. Like previous years, Chrenko is a long-play which is not a bad call at all to make with the route the team should be going in this season (retool/rebuild).

Kos is one I could definitely see reporting with a nudge from St. Louis to get him playing on NA ice and potentially signing his ELC to get that done.

One thing that was interesting was both of them are forwards, which leaves the team with only 6 blueliners still signed heading into the summer. Would assume that means a signing is on way or a trade once that window opens again in August.

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
The clock is being turned back somewhat with guys like Xhekaj breaking ground in the show. But these guys have to be able to take a shift. And not get suspended left and right.

This guy will have a hard time doing that even at the AHL level.
Can’t compare boulton to xhekaj. xhekaj was a star in this league. Boulton is at best a 4th liner

Rangers True Blue

Aug 2, 2017
Liked the picks made today by the team. Like previous years, Chrenko is a long-play which is not a bad call at all to make with the route the team should be going in this season (retool/rebuild).

Kos is one I could definitely see reporting with a nudge from St. Louis to get him playing on NA ice and potentially signing his ELC to get that done.

One thing that was interesting was both of them are forwards, which leaves the team with only 6 blueliners still signed heading into the summer. Would assume that means a signing is on way or a trade once that window opens again in August.
I was sure they would go after a D so agreed, something is going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. At least, I hope there is........

Reactions: OnlyUpFromHere49

OnlyUpFromHere49

Jun 6, 2023
I was sure they would go after a D so agreed, something is going on behind the scenes that we are not aware of. At least, I hope there is........
Guess would be some kind of depth D trade just so add some added experience for that group. Xu/Bray signings are very much welcomed as well… but the added experience would be best for that young D core.

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
Flint added a D in the Import draft to go along with the 2 they added during the trade window. If he signs that would put them at 9 D before even any potential 07 or 08 signings coming out of camp. So, Flint currently has an abundance of D…..if Carson Rehkopf isn’t busy doing anything….

EvenSteven

Sep 3, 2009
They have to take the best players who they feel are the best bets to report, no matter the position.

After that, it’s easy enough to sort out the back end in a rebuilding season.

OA F out. OA D in. Then make a deal on the very cheap for a contender’s veteran D who finds themselves on the bubble.

……if Carson Rehkopf isn’t busy doing anything….
Call us in January to take part in the bidding war!
😜

Reactions: rangersblues

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad