GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

StCaufield

Mar 14, 2022
In year 4 he decides he can still play and contribute with his 15 points on 4th line and you are stuck with 6M AAV cap hit. No thanks.
If Stamkos is a 50 point player in year 4 it would be worth it. The market will be up quite a bit I recon

Reactions: ReHabs

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
In year 4 he decides he can still play and contribute with his 15 points on 4th line and you are stuck with 6M AAV cap hit. No thanks.
It’s extremely unlikely this would happen. He’s won cups, played even more finals, and has a lot of hard miles on him. We still have Gallagher worshipers here so it’s not like a 6m cap hit 4th liner is anything unusual…

A deal with mutual understanding of his actual cut-off would be win-win.

I think he can get 7-8m a year anywhere, mind you.

A Loyal DEMIGOD

Marc Bergevin's Bitch
Oct 20, 2016
I will be shocked if Montreal gets anyone of value today.

I don't know any UFA that is worth it for us this year. Maybe Stamkos if for a low term - but who are we kidding? He ain't signing here!

Better to stay par for course or make a nice trade that will improve our team in the long run.

HomaridII

May 23, 2006
Montreal, Canada
Per Lebrun on TSN, Guentzel will be announced this morning, 7 years. Reinhart signed with Florida 8 year deal. Lots of interest in Stamkos (nashville frontrunners but a lot of teams in).

About Kane, he said although there was interest from other teams, the sense was nobody was willing to give him term, his camp was looking for 3 years but the sense was nobody was prepared to give him that due to injury history, so he stayed where he was comfortable, despite Detroit not being any likelier to make the playoffs this year.

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site

I don't know any UFA that is worth it for us this year. Maybe Stamkos if for a low term - but who are we kidding? He ain't signing here!

Better to stay par for course or make a nice trade that will improve our team in the long run.

I'm with you, I also doubt much of anything on our front via free agency, (perhaps Perron) if we add anything it will most likely be done through trade after the dust settles.

Last edited:

BargainBinSpecial

Jul 2, 2018

Unfortunately, I have to agree. Nothing of value will be worth discussing today for Habs fans. Management might attempt to fix the bottom six by bringing in some third liners, but Armia, Dvo, Gallagher and Anderson are so hard to get rid of, that it's not feasible. I would target guys like Toffoli, Monahan, Marchessault, Perron, Tarasenko, Teravainen or DeBrusk. They can then work the numbers and buy-out a Gallagher for example, bury Armia and Dvo in the minors.

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
They can then work the numbers and buy-out a Gallagher for example,
Yesterday was the last day to do a buyout (it start 48 hours after the playoffs ended to June 30th at 5pm). And since neither Barron or Xhekaj can go to arbitration, Habs won't get another window until after the 2025 Stanley Cup is over...

SwiftyHab

Sponsor
Apr 18, 2004
Platinum Member
Unfortunately, I have to agree. Nothing of value will be worth discussing today for Habs fans. Management might attempt to fix the bottom six by bringing in some third liners, but Armia, Dvo, Gallagher and Anderson are so hard to get rid of, that it's not feasible. I would target guys like Toffoli, Monahan, Marchessault, Perron, Tarasenko, Teravainen or DeBrusk. They can then work the numbers and buy-out a Gallagher for example, bury Armia and Dvo in the minors.
This is exactly the type of Barginbin talk that I’d expect from @BargainBinSpecial. Very on brand

• Haha
Reactions: dinodebino

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
My prediction for signings:
DeBrusk
Roslovic
I would be happy with that

Habs need a top 6 player to push other guys down the depth chart.

I wouldn't be shocked if we see a trade in the next 14 or so days. We have too many contracts imo. Dvorak/Armia/Gallagher/Anderson. Would be great to dump one of them.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad