GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Tufte, Leason, Jones.

You really want more big guys on our 4th line, don't you? :laugh:
Pretty much.

Tufte/Leason I'd give a chance to as the 3rd forward with Dach and Newhook. If they f***ing blow it in pre-season then waive whichever is signed and put Roy there. Both would be amazing for the AHL.

Jones is an agitator the Habs could use. If they keep Pezzetta they could be an annoying forecheck team.

I'd be fine with the Habs taking a chance on Robertson and put him with Dach and Newhook.

Carrier is be fine with. He's got the bit of a pest in him, too.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014

5 mil --
JD3TImv.png

He crazy.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Pretty much.

Tufte/Leason I'd give a chance to as the 3rd forward with Dach and Newhook. If they f***ing blow it in pre-season then waive whichever is signed and put Roy there. Both would be amazing for the AHL.

Jones is an agitator the Habs could use. If they keep Pezzetta they could be an annoying forecheck team.

I'd be fine with the Habs taking a chance on Robertson and put him with Dach and Newhook.

Carrier is be fine with. He's got the bit of a pest in him, too.

That is insane. They are 4th liners, not top6 players.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
That is insane. They are 4th liners, not top6 players.
100%, but this team is full of 4th liners.

It wouldn't be permanent. See how they go and then shuffle some players up.

Tyler Bertuzzi is going to be a FA. Maybe he's a good player for that spot ? Physical, skill to score, bit of an agitator, can fight, some size at 6'1 I believe.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal

Tyler Bertuzzi is going to be a FA. Maybe he's a good player for that spot ? Physical, skill to score, bit of an agitator, can fight, some size at 6'1 I believe.

But why aren't they just signing an actual top6 player instead?

I am also more confident in Armia/Gallagher/Anderson/RHP doing a better job than Leason or Tufte there.

I'd give up cap space for Bertuzzi NOT signing in Montreal. Negative interest.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
But why aren't they just signing an actual top6 player instead?

I am also more confident in Armia/Gallagher/Anderson/RHP doing a better job than Leason or Tufte there.

I'd give up cap space for Bertuzzi NOT signing in Montreal. Negative interest.
Rotation. Wouldn't be a permanent thing, unless it clicked.

Wouldn't even have to be at the start of the season. Maybe in January one of them gets put there to see?

And this is simply Habs do the abre minimum and don't add anyone with high dollars.

So, no Marchessault, Perron, Bertuzzi, Stamkos, Reinhart, etc.

If they did get one then Leason/Tufte only get top 6 time if there's massive injuries.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
If Josh Anderson can make $5.5 million then I could see Bertuzzi making $5 million

Physical 20-30 goals 40-60 points guys can get that easy.

I haven't been impressed with his overall game ever since his last year in Detroit. He can still put the puck in the net, but he's not that player anymore.

I guess he's a good fix for a team that is looking for production in their middle six, but I wouldn't sign him longterm for what he got last year.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006

For a guy that is seen as an agitator, Bertuzzi really isn’t physical. He just likes to mouth off.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
For a guy that is seen as an agitator, Bertuzzi really isn’t physical. He just likes to mouth off.
Yeah, he doesn't hit as much as people would think, but he seems to be one of those dirt bags that only hits when there's seems to be a chance to hurt because you're in a vulnerable position, or it's borderline cheap shot.

NeptunesTrident

Feb 22, 2007
They need to sign a center so when Dach gets re-injured the offense isn’t solely relying on the Suzuki line. They’ll be a perennial lottery team if they don’t address it.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
They need to sign a center so when Dach gets re-injured the offense isn’t solely relying on the Suzuki line. They’ll be a perennial lottery team if they don’t address it.
I wonder if DD could come out of retirement.

He would be the perfect fit.

Reactions: NeptunesTrident

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay