GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Omg some of you are really serious about signing
I don't disagree but Lizotte is a versatile player 50% on faceoffs in his career. 11 goals last year If Carrier is too expensive he can be a good role player for us or stopgap
The last thing this team needs is more "depth" for the 3rd and 4th line.

There's plenty of young guys and existing Gallys, Andys, and Armys that are already too much "depth".

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
If the blues are looking for a LS, it's probably Struble as he fits the blues bigger, tougher mentality.

That said, if the Habs had to keep 1, I would prefer Struble over vanilla Harris
People keep thinking we are absolutely moving one of our LD or Barron.
My guess is we are riding the D we currently have while we continue to evaluate their progress.
We certainly don't want to move a Dman who has skills that can't be replicated.
Struble was really good last year but let's not pretend that there wasn't a sequence where he was just as equally really bad.

The Habs will use the flexibilty they have with their roster to ensure everyone is playing meaningful minutes.
Unless we make what I would call a blockbuster trade around Matheson.
Have to get a top pairing guy back from somewhere preferably a righty and it ain't happening one for one.
So think multiple player deal or free agent signing.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Unless more moves are coming, I think we'll get a top6 RW on a short term contract. Backup plan is giving a spot to Roy or less likely Heineman/Farrell.

With Kovacevic out, wouldn't be surprised if Hutson makes the team plus the 7 that were there last year, so not really a spot for a FA. If one of Struble/Hutson is sent down, I could see a vet RD to play with Matheson and return Guhle to the left side.
I agree, I think we target a veteran scoring winger on a 1-2yr deal. Perron to Montreal seems like a realistic thing to happen.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Patrick Kane!
David Perron!
Literally anyone over 26;

1000004688.gif

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Yes, cause there's a bunch of 60pt Dman making less than 5M for 2 more years floating around.
Yes cause 1 season = career
So Toronto did really good getting a 70 points player in Domi for only 3.5m

1 season of 60 points > 8 seasons of 35 points and less. Hilarious how Matheson got more icetime in Montreal and in results get more points than he did in Pittsburgh and Florida.

That's magical

Agalloch

EliteProspects
Sep 18, 2002
Lachute, QC
Visit site
Unless more moves are coming, I think we'll get a top6 RW on a short term contract. Backup plan is giving a spot to Roy or less likely Heineman/Farrell.

With Kovacevic out, wouldn't be surprised if Hutson makes the team plus the 7 that were there last year, so not really a spot for a FA. If one of Struble/Hutson is sent down, I could see a vet RD to play with Matheson and return Guhle to the left side.

I would take a center that can also play RW.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Yes cause 1 season = career
So Toronto did really good getting a 70 points player in Domi for only 3.5m

1 season of 60 points > 8 seasons of 35 points and less. Hilarious how Matheson got more icetime in Montreal and in results get more points than he did in Pittsburgh and Florida.

That's magical
So call him a 40pt Dman if you want lol at his salary with his attributes, he's got way more value than what he's being given credit for here.

Reactions: HabsWhiteKnightLOL

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
So call him a 40pt Dman if you want lol at his salary with his attributes, he's got way more value than what he's being given credit for here.
I mean he's been playing nonstop on the PP and getting atrocious icetime due that we have nobody. If he was back in his second pair role playing on the second wave he would go back easily to his 30 points season.

Thus trading him more would be better atm for a better return. We all know if Hutson makes the team he should be getting Matheson spot on the PP

Also he makes so many braindead turnovers , the less he plays the less turnovers he gives

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Really you'd better explain to me what exactly those right chairs are because I've watched the same group get beaten down for two years running.
Jake Evans was forced to a fourth line two season ago he pouted the entire time until he got bumped because of injury.
Last year he lucked out with the Dach and Dvorak situation this year he'll likely be asked to play that 4th line roll again not his cup of tea.
RHP played on a fourth line last season I watched him on one shift where he literally got stopped dead in his tracks multiple times while trying to move up the ice. Pezz runs around hitting everyone he can reach and the other team just turn around and take it out on his smaller line mates.
We have some potential fourth line guys who will play in Laval but they are probably a year out.

You did not.

Evans never pouted being put on the 4th line, unless there's injury, he always played there.

Ylonen played 59 games last year, won't be here this year
Pearson played 54 games on that bottom 6, you won't see him either
Pezzetta played 61 games, probably won't have a place for him this year
Even RHP with 45 games, he might be the 13th forward next year.

That's what we all saw.....mix with that the 17 games of White and 23 games from Mitchell, things you won't see either.

We're one winger away from icing Roy, Dvorak, Anderson, Gallagher, Evans and Armia on our bottom 6 and that, we never saw. Although many are grossly overpaid, it's still a very good bottom 6 when you look around the NHL.

And on top of that, slim chance one of Beck, Davidson, Heineman, Kapanen, Tuch, Xhekaj, Mesar start pushing to get a spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Brazil vs Colombia
    Brazil vs Colombia
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $14,538.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Costa Rica vs Paraguay
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $50.00