Proposal: Free agency edition Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic] 5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ok that makes more sense. Seems obvious he was just trying to get them to up their offers.

I imagine there were several teams offering a 2nd + a secondary piece like a 3rd or a C prospect, but I doubt any team was offering a 1st, let alone a 1st + 2nd.
We can bash chychrun all we want.

But we know how this league works. A player with chychruns profile would give up a first. Easily.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Maybe he did have a later 1st on the table, and to Staois that 1st for Jensen plus a 3rd was a trade he'd make.

God I hope not. Jensen isn't that valuable at 34 and having just come off of a rough year.

Dumba already got massively overpaid by Dallas. You're safe. Really surprising Jim Nill would do something that stupid.

3.25M for Lyubushkin also looks pretty dumb when Hakanpaa signed in Toronto for half of that.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
We can bash chychrun all we want.

But we know how this league works. A player with chychruns profile would give up a first. Easily.

Passing up a 1st for Jensen + a 3rd would be incredibly stupid. Dorion-esque even.

I don't think a 1st was on the table. Have been saying for months that the list of teams needing an offensive LD was small and the market for Chychrun was limited.

Reactions: LiseL

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
22 Man Roster 12F+Pinto($$?) + 7D + 2G
1719951624127.png

4.735 to sign Pinto.

Last edited:

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
As a fan of the team, and not necessarily the players that play for it, I am all for the amount of roster change we've seen so far this off season.

Tired of watching this team suck. This roster has been brutal, poorly constructed, and terribly managed.

Such is the cost of change

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
I'm happy with all the roster shakeup too. We needed vets, we got some. We needed a stable RD partner for Chabot, we have one. We needed a goalie that could make a save, we got one. We needed to replace the entire 4th line. We have.

Only thing left is sign Pinto long-term, get a bottom pairing RD to play with Kleven, and sign Ullmark long-term after he falls in love with Ottawa.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I can't think of anything less reliable than "Darren Dreger heard".

Dumba already got massively overpaid by Dallas. You're safe. Really surprising Jim Nill would do something that stupid.
Nill is smart, but he’s also making mistakes along the way.

Trading a 1st round pick for Lundqvist and then not qualifying him like a year later is Dorion-esque

• Haha
Reactions: Sun God Nika

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad