GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Anderson at 50% retained please. Dvorak stinks but at 50% retained he probably still has little to no value. Might as well keep him for the PK so Suzuki doesn't play like 25 minutes a night.
Dvorak is good on the draw, so he can at least pk and win faceoffs for the 50ish games he plays because he's going to get hurt.

Habs sign:
Trenin
Marchessault/Perron

Good AHL vets, maybe Richard comes back ?
Riley Tufte for sure, unless he's extended.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
You didn't see Gordon's post draft comments Habs not signing any older players leaving room for the younger players.

very possible but not with the habs

Gordon said older guys on long term deals example 5-6-7 years got no interest in that.......he said they would have to be thinking what they are thinking.
That to me means older guy possible on a short term deal(2\3 yrs) is something they would consider. Is there a older guy willing to take such a deal...will soon find out.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
No way we pay Donkey 2.75M$ for the next 3 season to play for another team.
Buying him out this year would last 6 seasons. Doing it next year would last 2 years after his contract is supposed to expire.

Starting next year, the cap hit would be 2.75/2.75 vs 1.9/3.4/1.4/1.4. Not to mention that we'd also get an asset if we went with the 1st scenario. Gallagher is more likely to get bought out.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Buying him out this year would last 6 seasons. Doing it next year would last 2 years after his contract is supposed to expire.

Starting next year, the cap hit would be 2.75/2.75 vs 1.9/3.4/1.4/1.4. Not to mention that we'd also get an asset if we went with the 1st scenario. Gallagher is more likely to get bought out.
I think we get better assets for Savard at 50% than for Anderson at 50%. Then do Anderson the year after at 50% if needed.

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Kane or Stamkos on a short deal is fine....

Gorton said Habs will not be buying any players out.
And we shouldn't. Doesn't make financial sense and who knows maybe Anderson will get his head out of his ass and play like he was before getting hurt 2 years ago. Everyone wanted to buy out Armia and look at the season he had.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Apologize if posted but Frank seravalli confirms the habs are going after Patrick Kane.
Apologize if posted but Frank seravalli confirms the habs are going after Patrick Kane.

One way that could make sense is if Kane wants to see who will be in contention at the TDL so he can choose his destination. That's the scenario where signing in MTL could make sense.

Reactions: The Great Weal

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
I think we get better assets for Savard at 50% than for Anderson at 50%. Then do Anderson the year after at 50% if needed.
I doubt Savard gets traded, he's the only RHD that can play at the NHL level consistently. Armia at 50% retained would definitely increase his value, but no other winger on the team can PK so I doubt we'd be keen on trading him.

Anderson is genuinely hurting the team the longer he stays.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
I really want Trenin unless he gets a stupid contract.

I know my luck and if the Habs do sign him he'll just go completely useless. Can't score, can't pk, won't hit.

Be sitting at the end of the year where he's played 80 games has 2 goals and about 40 hits and everyone will be like "yo, why did Gaylord Q Tinkledink say that? This guy blows" and I'm there like "it was Gaylord K Tinkledink who said that, not Q Tinkledink"

There's some interesting options becoming fas that have size, but they don't seem like much else. Entwistle, Raddish.

Carter Savoie might be an interesting player. I believe he's got some real nice wheels and he's been improving. He'd be for the A and would get waived.

Brandon Baddock brought back for the A would be nice, too. Or John Hayden, but I think I saw he got an extension already by Seattle.

Habs could always look and see if the sens want to trade a pick and MacEwen and he can go to the A. He can produce there and knows how to fight down there.

This management still worries me as they do believe in size, but don't seem to think there's tough guys around, especially in the A.

• Haha
Reactions: habsfan891

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
Anderson at 50% retained please. Dvorak stinks but at 50% retained he probably still has little to no value. Might as well keep him for the PK so Suzuki doesn't play like 25 minutes a night.

Retaining on Anderson is something that would likely come back to bite us on the ass, basically, don't retain on player who a very likely to be bought out before the end of their deal. Expect the Habs to ride this contract for a bit longer then buy him out "when it's time".

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
One way that could make sense is if Kane wants to see who will be in contention at the TDL so he can choose his destination. That's the scenario where signing in MTL could make sense.
I don't really get this Kane rumor but yeah that'd be the only scenario. But even then, why wouldn't he just sign a cheaper contract with a contender right away instead of signing with us and then choosing which contender to play for? Keep in mind that there's no way we'd receive anything decent for him at the deadline either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad