GDT: 2024 Summer Free Agency (July 1st)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
As I've mentioned Trenin would be an amazing add.

He wouldn't block anyone has the Habs have shit forwards that are close to making the jump currently.

He's big, not afraid to mix it up, physical, can pk, good two-way player and he's Russian, so he can help the Russian prospects as they make the Habs.

This seems like such a no-brainer that you know the Habs have 0 interest in him and we'll be stuck with Pezzetta doing the forechecking and getting his ass beat.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
  1. I'd try signing Matt Roy to a short deal (3 years max) and move Savard at the dead line.
    • I'd try moving Barron out for improved picks next year if successful.
  2. I'd try signing Wennberg to a short deal (3 years max) and move Dvorak at the dead line.
    • I'd try moving Evans out for improved picks next year if successful.
Small improvements, supporting development still.

Ozmodiar

Oct 18, 2017
Slaf - Suzuki - caufield
Newhook- Dach - Roy
??? - Dvo - anderson
Armia - Evans - Gally
Pezz/RHP

I could see Debrusk added to compete with Newhook and Roy for a spot next to Demi and Dach the following season.

Debrusk - Dach - Demidov (for his rookie season)

Or Perron to hold a spot for 3 seasons until Hage ready.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Stamkos or bust …

Preds will likely overpay but all that’s known for now, if the Habs even were to have a remote chance, Stamkos needed to be insulted by TBay ….which seems to have happened

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Forwards (12):
Suzuki, Slaf, Caufield, Roy, Dach, Newhook, Gallagher, Anderson, Armia, Evans, Dvorak, RHP. Maybes are Beck, Heineman, Kapanen.

Defensemen (8): Matheson, Guhle, Harris, Struble, Xhekaj, Savard, Kovacevic, Barron. Should be: Hutson. Maybes: Mailloux, Reinbacher

Goalies: Montembeault, Primeau

Signing a defenseman would be absolutely looney, we need to trade at least 2 of them BEFORE the start of the year. We could go for a middle six forward or two on short term contracts and reevaluate keeping them at the deadline.

You forgot Pezz, so currently, forward lines are likely:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Roy - Dach - Newhook
Armia - Evans - Anderson
RHP - Dvorak - Gallagher
Pezz

That's already 13 forwards.

7D
Matheson-Guhle
Xhekaj - Savard
Harris - Kovacevic
Barron

With Struble, Hutson & Mailloux fighting for a spot, but aren't waiver eligible.

We already have 22 players.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
You forgot Pezz, so currently, forward lines are likely:

Caufield - Suzuki - Slafkovsky
Roy - Dach - Newhook
Armia - Evans - Anderson
RHP - Dvorak - Gallagher
Pezz

That's already 13 forwards.

7D
Matheson-Guhle
Xhekaj - Savard
Harris - Kovacevic
Barron

With Struble, Hutson & Mailloux fighting for a spot, but aren't waiver eligible.

We already have 22 players.
Shoot, forgot the Pez dispenser.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Stamkos or bust …

Preds will likely overpay but all that’s known for now, if the Habs even were to have a remote chance, Stamkos needed to be insulted by TBay ….which seems to have happened
Stamkos is not coming to Montreal and our management said 2 days ago we are not looking at big name ufas with terms

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Stamkos is not coming to Montreal and our management said 2 days ago we are not looking at big name ufas with terms
They also didn't comment much on Demidov, or even go to see him because they didn't want to show their hand.

They want to improve and while I don't think Stammer would come here, he's definitely someone you try and sign

Reactions: Walksss

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Again Gorton said they would not go after veteran players seeking longterm deals

2-3 year deal is not longterm
They are still not gonna sign him, he doesn't fit with the process. Might as well go for Laine or the guy in Winnipeg if you make a move
They also didn't comment much on Demidov, or even go to see him because they didn't want to show their hand.

They want to improve and while I don't think Stammer would come here, he's definitely someone you try and sign
Well Demidov said he has no visa for Canada so he's not gonna be able to come at the rookie camp but he said the plan is to come after his last year contract in Russia. So expect him next season like Michkov did

CheldishGamibno

Turtles & Refrigerators
Aug 19, 2006
Mute City
Perron, Marchessault or Toffoli for 2 yrs. Theyve all won the cup so being a part of a rebuilding team could make sense for them. I do expect Marchessault to sign a 4/5 yrs deal somewhere else tho. That leaves Perron or Toff.

Reactions: TesseractPrice

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
They are still not gonna sign him, he doesn't fit with the process. Might as well go for Laine or the guy in Winnipeg if you make a move
Why not? HuGo have stated multiple times they don’t expect to draft high again & goal is to push for a playoff spot next season - Stamkos over next 2-3 years helps accelerate organic growth of players including leadership & mentorship.

Oh yeah & actual high end production - seamlessly improves top-6 & instantly w Hutson turns PP into one of the elite in the league

Probability remains low he signs in Mtl, but there are viable reasons why the addition makes sense

Kents polished head

Formerly Tough Au Lit
Feb 4, 2013
Perron, Marchessault or Toffoli for 2 yrs. Theyve all won the cup so being a part of a rebuilding team could make sense for them. I do expect Marchessault to sign a 4/5 yrs deal somewhere else tho. That leaves Perron or Toff.

Might be a project ala Sprong or a guy like Duclair also, who knows.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Go balls deep if there's someone good available we have cap space and basically done the rebuild. We're not picking top five next year.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Why not? HuGo have stated multiple times they don’t expect to draft high again & goal is to push for a playoff spot next season - Stamkos over next 2-3 years helps accelerate organic growth of players including leadership & mentorship.

Oh yeah & actual high end production - seamlessly improves top-6 & instantly w Hutson turns PP into one of the elite in the league
Well at this exact time , we are drafting bottom 10 again if we are healthy. They should rather overpay for a guy nhl ready or a mid 20s than a 35+ player.

Also with Sergachev and Jeannot gone , Stamkos will stay

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Well at this exact time , we are drafting bottom 10 again if we are healthy. They should rather overpay for a guy nhl ready or a mid 20s than a 35+ player.

Also with Sergachev and Jeannot gone , Stamkos will stay
With what $ - Brisebois said today Stamkos is going UFA and Friedman reported TBay is ready to give Guentzel 8yrs / $8M and they are negotiating a new deal for Hedman which they expect to have in place soon… that’s where Sergachev + Jeannot $$ are going

Brisebois said they will retool via UFA to compete for the Cup next season

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad