GDT: 2024 Stanley Cup Playoffs

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Coyotedroppings

Jul 16, 2017
My playoff picks have been good. Picked all first round correct. Have florida over dallas in the finals. But I think Edmonton will be there now.
I don't jack with the "in be tweens," had Florida / Dallas in the final, with Dallas taking it. Starting to feel like it might be Florida taking it all and certainly hope so, if the Oilers knock out Dallas.

Yes, I've admittedly let my disdain for the Oilers cloud my always worthless predictions. :thumbu:

What happened to all the Oiler and Holland haters?
I've no problem with Holland, still despise the "draft blessed" Oilers.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Mangosteen

Ground hog day no more
Apr 9, 2018
I have always enjoyed the Oilers. They have done plentiful of stupid things but they always try to entertain there fans.

Reactions: Summer Rose

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Big fan of Coyote legend John Scott; Seven daughters!! I can't imagine.

Neither the Leafs or NYR "big 4" showed up.

Trocheck scored nearly every game through the entire playoffs and Panarin consistently was putting up points.

But yes I'd agree that when it mattered these guys didn't play big enough. Conference finals appearance is still a great accomplishment though.

I think NYRs biggest issue was the fact that they relied so heavily on the PP to win games. Florida played very very disciplined all series

Kaizen

Sep 30, 2004
Prince George B.C.
LA is hoping the final doesn't go 7 - the PLD 1/3 buyout can't happen if it does.
I would doubt Blake wants to admit he fooked up but ownership might have different ideas.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
I don't jack with the "in be tweens," had Florida / Dallas in the final, with Dallas taking it. Starting to feel like it might be Florida taking it all and certainly hope so, if the Oilers knock out Dallas.

Yes, I've admittedly let my disdain for the Oilers cloud my always worthless predictions. :thumbu:

I've no problem with Holland, still despise the "draft blessed" Oilers.
Yes, the Oilers have been "draft blessed," but that's not their fault. Most complain about Holland, in fact, most around Edmonton complain about Holland and how he has built this team. Just proves how little most fans know about building a very good hockey team.:laugh: Having said that, I'm cheering for Florida, mostly because of OEL.

Dallas is golfing!!!

Hell ya!! Oilers Panthers!!

Skinner stole the show lol
When Skinner is hot he is great, but when he's not, look out. Skinner will have to be hot if the Oilers have any chance to beat Florida.

Jakey53

Aug 27, 2011
Trocheck scored nearly every game through the entire playoffs and Panarin consistently was putting up points.

But yes I'd agree that when it mattered these guys didn't play big enough. Conference finals appearance is still a great accomplishment though.

I think NYRs biggest issue was the fact that they relied so heavily on the PP to win games. Florida played very very disciplined all series
Edmonton live and die with their PP. If Florida can stay disciplined they have a great shot at the SC.

AZviaNJ

“Sure as shit want to F*** Coyote fans.”
Mar 31, 2011
AZ
Panthers in 6.

Every year a team takes on that championship look…that’s the Panthers (you could argue Edm, too)…but Florida is deep, strong in all 3 zones and so balanced.

OEL is hoisting the Cup.

Reactions: MIGs Dog

Mosby

Feb 16, 2012
Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Matthew Tkachuk, and Paul Maurice. Three people who I'd really like to see win the Cup.

Tkachuk may be my favourite player in the league these days.

Absolutely wild that both Matthew and Brady Tkachuk went one pick ahead of both Coyotes picks. A little different lottery outcomes and we could have had the pair.

Grimes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 5, 2012
Tippet's Doghouse
cleanhits.substack.com
Oliver Ekman-Larsson, Matthew Tkachuk, and Paul Maurice. Three people who I'd really like to see win the Cup.

Tkachuk may be my favourite player in the league these days.

Absolutely wild that both Matthew and Brady Tkachuk went one pick ahead of both Coyotes picks. A little different lottery outcomes and we could have had the pair.

It's heartbreaking we couldn't get either. I'm rooting for the Panthers too!

Dog

Arf! Arf! Arf!
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2016
Wasteland
Oilers in 6 is my prediction.
The chance of Oilers winning 4 straight now seems highly unlikely. I expect Oilers will win game 3 or 4 or both though. Wonder how bad Barkov injury is? If he's out of the playoffs that will be not good for Panthers going forward.

Last edited:

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
The chance of Oilers winning 4 straight now seems highly unlikely. I expect Oilers will win game 3 or 4 or both though. Wonder how bad Barkov injury is? If he's out of the playoffs that will be not good for Panthers going forward.

I'm no hockey analyst, but Edmonton needs to average more than 0.5 goals per game. :thumbu:

• Haha
Reactions: kickback256

MIGs Dog

Jan 3, 2012
Will the Cats choke...yea or nay?

I say nay, but game 7 is looking likely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad