Senovision

May 23, 2011
Connor before game 1 of the playoffs in April
1719061667954.png
1719061643987.png

Connor after game 6 vs Florida June 21

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I’ve never been a big Maurice fan but I know he’s the media darling for his Dad jokes that would crack up a Priest convention, this quotes is Paul Maurice in a nutshell and why his team will collapse.

Winning takes courage and Florida’s coach doesn’t show it, Edmontons coach does. As Bev Priestman said “you ask your players to show courage, you have to do the same as a coach:

"There was no way I thought you could conclusively say that was offside," Maurice said.

"I just know that when I would have had to have challenged that based on what I saw, I would not have challenged.

"I'm not saying it's not offside. We'll get still frames. We bring in the CIA, we'll figure it out. But in the 30 seconds that I would have made that call I would not have challenged."

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It's not that I don't want them to get it correct, it's waiting 7 minutes to watch a replay from 10 different angles on a zone entry that had no material effect on the play before knowing if I can even celebrate a goal or not.
yah yah I know I thought it was mildly humorous

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
Florida looked unstoppable, relentless, the “wagon” that would be rolling up the Stanley Cup. What Edmonton has done the past three games has been remarkable, they have made them look look like they don’t even belong in the STF alongside them. This after Edmonton going down 3-0 early.

It’s been incredible to watch. And Edmonton of all teams looking like a defensive masterclass.

I put money on Florida to win it all after round 1, and our conditional pick improves if they win, so cool if they do.

On the other hand, seeing my childhood team win the cup in Cinderella fashion will be cool too.

I just hate all of the delays in actually playing these games!

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Florida looked unstoppable, relentless, the “wagon” that would be rolling up the Stanley Cup. What Edmonton has done the past three games has been remarkable, they have made them look look like they don’t even belong in the STF alongside them. This after Edmonton going down 3-0 early.

It’s been incredible to watch. And Edmonton of all teams looking like a defensive masterclass.

I put money on Florida to win it all after round 1, and our conditional pick improves if they win, so cool if they do.

On the other hand, seeing my childhood team win the cup in Cinderella fashion will be cool too.

I just hate all of the delays in actually playing these games!
Pretty incredible that they do it with their PK too
EDM = PP usually
But their PK has been miraculous

Reactions: DrEasy

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Given what's at stake, I'm surprised a Paul Maurice led team hasn't had a 4th line player just come out and clobber McDavid.

I don't like the Oilers, but I'd really like to see this guy win this and leave no excuses for entering legendary status.

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
So the last time a Canadian based team won the cup was 1993 ; Thirty one years;

Will the drought end Monday?
I have my doubts. Although Edmonton has momentum, Florida has home ice and there's curse hanging over Edmonton that isn't over the state of Florida. I think the game 7 plays out the same way Oilers vs Canes did in 2006.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Impressed with Oilers coaching for adapting to the situation. Anyone who isn't a believer in how coaching can change the tide in a game/series is getting first hand examples, clear as day.

Reactions: Loach

ColinM

Dec 14, 2004
Halifax
It's not that I don't want them to get it correct, it's waiting 7 minutes to watch a replay from 10 different angles on a zone entry that had no material effect on the play before knowing if I can even celebrate a goal or not.
agreed. It's like the toe in the crease reviews from 1998/1999. It was dumb then and its dumb now.

Reactions: Blotto71

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
The hat move at the blue line that ended up causing the offside absolutely had an impact on the play, it opened up options

Apologies if that’s not what you meant

Tragedy

Jan 10, 2013
Regina, SK
The hat move at the blue line that ended up causing the offside absolutely had an impact on the play, it opened up options

Apologies if that’s not what you meant
My point is if you need to break out the csi microscope and coordinate multiple angles to determine if it was offside or not, it didn't impact the play. If there was a leg in the way that made it so they couldnt definitively say one way or the other and the goal stood, no one outside Edmonton fans would even raise a stink because you wouldnt even know

Reactions: maclean

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
This is the most exciting SCF i've ever seen. Most important game in Florida's history because a loss is the biggest chokejob in NHL history, but a win can salvage their choking + give them their first ever cup which would silence the choking memes.

McDavid deserves the Conn Smythe even if EDM loses. A sweep would've sucked, but a loss now after McDavid has carried a couple of games, but also after EDM's depth has shown up, would be a heart breaker.

I love the crow i've had to eat for thinking the sweep would happen. C'mon Florida, don't choke tonight

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
I’ve never been a big Maurice fan but I know he’s the media darling for his Dad jokes that would crack up a Priest convention, this quotes is Paul Maurice in a nutshell and why his team will collapse.

Winning takes courage and Florida’s coach doesn’t show it, Edmontons coach does. As Bev Priestman said “you ask your players to show courage, you have to do the same as a coach:

"There was no way I thought you could conclusively say that was offside," Maurice said.

"I just know that when I would have had to have challenged that based on what I saw, I would not have challenged.

"I'm not saying it's not offside. We'll get still frames. We bring in the CIA, we'll figure it out. But in the 30 seconds that I would have made that call I would not have challenged."
LOL. You have unique “insight" into the way people think.

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Not long until we find out whether we're getting another 4th rounder this year or a 3rd in 2026. Exciting.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad